seventeen

I was 17 not much longer until I was turning 18 and I couldn't wait.

I had it planned out.

I had a job for a couple of years now and saved every penny I had.

I did well in school ready to go to college somewhere far from here.

I was finally going to be free.

I was a loner here anyway. No friends and no one I would call family was here.

I'd been abused by Damien since I was 15 and I was turning 18 in 4 months. I couldn't wait to get away.

He only got more obsessed with me as I got older.

He would be lurking around my school to make sure I didn't talk to boys. He'd always be at my house to make sure I didn't tell anyone. He'd try to tell me what I could and couldn't wear.

Not that I had anybody to tell. Who would listen.

He started to bring sexual outfits when he came to rape me. He'd force me into them and if I didn't he'd hit me.

I had a feeling he was trying to get me pregnant. He started rubbing my tummy after sex and would try get me to pay with my legs up after he came in me.

He was trying to tie me to him forever. I think he knew I wouldn't be here forever. He was only 21 and was trying to make me stay with him by having his kid. I doubt he even wanted kids, he just wanted me.

He would check my phone, I had an app on there for my period I see him once download it onto his phone. So when I marked down I had my period he'd know. So he knew when I was ovulating too.

He didn't know that when I was 15 the day after he first raped me I went and got the plan be and the implant. It lasted 3 years. So I'd need to get it changed soon. I wasn't going to let myself get tied to a monster like him.

The house had become strange these past few days. The maids where cleaning more the family seemed more alive. I had no clue as to why.

I heard whispers about someone coming but I had no idea who.

The room opposite mine seemed to be getting re-decorated. So who ever it was must be important.

The next day I heard people talking so I went to the stairs to see what was going on.

The whole family was stood there..everyone but me. I didn't see myself as part of this family and I haven't since I was 4. Brother who I was close to and loved hated me, ignored me.

The door opened and everyone was shocked. They had tears in the eyes. I couldn't see who it was.

Heels clapped to the floor and there she was.

A blonde woman dressed in expensive clothes and jewelry. Looking at everyone with a smile.

My mother immediately gasped and ran to hug her as did dad.

The brothers soon followed.

I still had no clue who she was. Although she did resemble mother,but that couldn't be.. could it.

My mum breathed. Welcome home... Loretta