Revelations

My "family" suddenly realised they didn't know me at all.

They didn't know I was on birth control. My mother said she felt hurt and that she was out of the loop when it came to me.

My brother's felt a sense of protectiveness over me at the thought of me dating.

My dad. He didn't know how to feel.

My sister felt it was normal she had birth control yet no body cared so why was it different for me.

My family wanted to talk and I was annoyed. Was I ready to unleash how I truly felt?

Only one way to find out.

Sat in my dad's office was all my brother my mother and father and sister all on one side and me on the other.

Listening to them telling me I shouldn't keep secrets from them and I should tell them things was laughable.

Who did they think they was. They wasn't my family.

I let it all go.

T) do you have any idea how stupid you all sound? Do I need to remind you of the past 13 almost 14 years? Or have you forgotten what it was like just because Loretta is now back?

I'm so happy for you now that you're back with your family Loretta. But this isn't my family. Once you left things changed. Everyone went cold. No one spoke to me for 13/14 years. The first time they'd spoken to me was after you came back and on the day you bumped into me in the corridor. You didn't even remember you had a twin sister.

Everyone here remembered they had a daughter and a sister. But it wasn't me who they remembered. I wasn't a daughter to them, I wasn't a sister. I was a burden, a shadow living in their house. They didn't acknowledge I existed. No talking,no looking. I have been alone since I was 4.

They didn't want me. They blamed me for you being taken. The nanny the one who loved us like her own was taken from me. I never saw her again after that. The love I get was gone.

There was love between the brothers and mother and father but there was no love for me. I'm not sitting here whining about it. I honestly don't care. I don't see any of you as family. I know we didn't see each other for a long lime Loretta but even before you left we wasn't close..I don't see you as my sister.

I'm staying in your family's home for one reason. Because if I left before I was 18 they could legally get me back here and I don't want that. I'm 18 soon and then I'm gone. I don't want to keep contact with anyone. And I'm sure you all feel the same"

Everyone just looked shocked. No one said anything.

T) You never noticed me. Never loved me. And now I only ask you two things. 1- don't tell Damien that I plan to leave and 2- keep Damien away from me.

F) why would we need to keep Damien away from you and why don't you want him to know you're planning on leaving?

T) Damien is obsessed with me. You may not believe me but it's true. You never paid any attention to me to notice what was going on.

F) and what was going on?

T) Damien has been raping me since I was 15. He's the reason why I have birth control. Non of you cared about me. No one heard me crying for help or begging him to stop. No one noticed him sneaking into my room or the bruises and marks he'd leave on my body. I don't want to be with Damien he's trying to trap me by getting me pregnant because he knows I'm 18 soon and will likely go to college. I just want to spend the rest of my time here in peace. Can you do what I've asked?

F) I don't think Damien would do that. He's never looked at you once. When he's stayed over he's with the boys. I don't know what you feel you're achieving by lying but it won't get you anywhere.

T) I'm not lying. I'm not going to argue with you. Believe me or not. Your opinion doesn't mean anything to me. I call you father because it's a sign or respect but you have never earned the title of being my dad. You are nothing to me.

With that I left the room. It didn't hurt that they didn't believe me I expected nothing from them. But hopefully they'd keep a closer eye on Damien so he couldn't get to me. He took me to get the implant out himself not trusting I'd do it myself. I had to sneakily get a prescription from birth control pills just incase he tried to get me before I left.