Attacked

Damien hadn't had the chance to get to me. Although my family didn't believe me they stopped him sleeping over saying that with Loretta now back they wanted to have family time. Damien didn't like that.

It was now a month before my birthday and I was excited I had slowly started to pack my things keeping them hidden in the wardrobe.

I didn't think this family would really mind me leaving but I also didn't want to take the chance of Damien seeing my things packed knowing it wouldn't end well for me.

It was getting late and I was in bed exhausted from boxing everything.

I didn't hear when my window open or when someone stepped inside.

I felt cold hands around my throat and woke up gasping for air.

His eyes were murderous. He was furious.

He was Damien

D) why did I get a call saying your prescription of birth control pills was ready to be collected!

Oh god he must of added his number when he took me to the doctor's for the implant removal.

I couldn't breathe I clawed at his hands for him to let go. He finally let go.

Slap.. once, twice, five times to the face. I was dazed. My eyes were over flowing with tears. Choked sobs came out my mouth.

He'd never hit me in the face before it was always in places that couldn't be seen.

He was mad.

He tore away my nighty and underwear leaving me bare.

I knew what was coming. I'd spent almost 3 years being abused by Damien.

He wanted to punish me. For not wanting a baby with him. For not wanting to be tied to him.

It wasn't love

It was an obsession that came from nowhere. I'd never even spoken to Damien before he started trying to get close to me so he could rape me.

I didn't lead him on. I didn't flirt. I didn't even look at him or speak to him.

He felt I was his. For no reason at all.

He wanted me so he took me.

The attack was brutal it lasted for hours. He hit me everywhere. Bite me. Marked me.

He tried to get me pregnant. No protection. The birth control pills that I was on was my last defence against him.

I wasn't going to give him what he wanted.

I didn't want to be with a man like him. Not now,not ever.

I had black eyes. I could hardly move.

He threw a shirt at me and I quickly put it on.

What I didn't expect was for someone else to come into my room.

I looked broken

My father just stood there unmoving at the door.

Damien visibility  froze.

He tried to say we've been seeing each other in secret and was boyfriend and girlfriend.

What a joke.

I couldn't even look at my father. I was embarrassed. I was ashamed. I knew he would believe Damien.

This was another of Damien's ploys to get me. Now if he made out we was together he could hopefully try to get his and my family to arrange our marriage.

I didn't want that.

I looked at my father after hearing him say my name and that was it.

The look of sorrow. The look of sadness of an unspoken apology.

Did he see that I didn't want this?
Did he see Damien's lies?
Did he see the abuse?
Did he see me?

What happened next I really couldn't say. Damien was dragged out. And I was left to take care of myself.

No one looked at me when they saw me and I only got a feeble attempt at an apology from my father..one that I didn't accept.