three; ice pick

ICE PICK
(HAS NOT BEEN REWRITTEN)

"Carter, what happened to you last night?"

"I don't know. I've never been affected by an Alpha like that before." Carter answered the brunette boy standing next to her as she fumbled with her fingers, feeling extremely anxious. "It felt like my head was going to explode."

"Are you okay?" Stiles asked, noticing her shaking hands and her jitteriness. She was anxiously tapping her right foot, harshly biting on her bottom lip and constantly fumbling with her fingers.

She glared over at the taller brunette boy next to her. For the past half-hour, Stiles had been asking Carter the same question, repeatedly, and it was wearing on her nerves, making her even more irritable. She shook her head before focusing her attention back at the rock climbing wall positioned in the middle of the gym.

Allison and Scott were just preparing to go up the rock wall, and that made Carter even more frustrated. She knew that she wanted to be paired with Scott, and her new sense of anger didn't help the current situation.
Since last night, she's been having this overwhelming surge of emotions. After she had regained consciousness, finding herself in her bed and hearing Derek snoring out in the living room, she had this overbearing need to cry. And she did. She cried for hours, until her sobbing had eventually woken up Derek and he came into her room to make sure she was okay. Derek held his crying younger sister in his arms until he lulled her back to sleep.

And this morning, she woke up with a renewed anger burning a fire deep within the pit of her stomach. Her emotions were so thrown off it was making her jittery, like she was coming down from some major high or partying. Watching Scott and Allison flirt only made it more unbearable to keep it under control.

But aside from her out of control emotions, things were actually pretty good.

Lydia seemed to be recovering really well after her hike in the woods. Carter also noticed that something was slightly off in Lydia's personality, and had a feeling that Jackson had something to do with it. She hadn't seen him recently, but apparently the black-blood situation was under control, because Carter hadn't experienced the blood coming out through every part of her body - so that means Jackson hadn't either.

And for Derek, the two siblings were obviously drifting apart, and it made Carter's chest ache just thinking about it. She needed him in her life, more than she would care to admit out loud. He was the reminder that she wasn't alone in this life that no matter what he would always be there. He was her rock, just as she was his, no matter how much they argued.

Suddenly, the sound of Scott gasping caused Carter to snap out of her thoughts and look toward the wall just in time to see Scott soar to the floor, the safety-harness ceasing his fall when he was about a foot from the floor. The entire gym erupted into laughter as Scott smacked against the mat.

"McCall, I don't know why, but your pain gives me a special kind of joy." Coach Finstock admitted, moving to sit on the mat next to Scott, chuckling loudly. "All right, next two. Stilinski, Erica, let's go. The wall."

Stiles grinned excitedly, giving Carter's shoulder a slight squeeze before practically skipping over to the harness that Allison had just been using. Erica seemed as though she would much rather be somewhere else, anywhere but in the gym at that moment, as she stared up at the rock wall in extreme terror.