five; venomous

VENOMOUS
(HAS NOT BEEN REWRITTEN)

Carter, Scott, and Stiles were all sitting quietly in their assigned seats in the back of Coach Finstock's economics class, mindlessly flipping through the text book when Jackson's voice sounded from behind them.

"Hey, testicle left and right - Sister Hale," Jackson called out quietly, the three of them groaned and raised their heads, but didn't turn around to face him. "What the hell is a Kanima?"

Carter sat beside Jackson, directly behind Stiles, and Jacksons sat right behind Scott, so as soon as the word Kanima left his lips, the three of them whirled around in his direction. They all opened their mouth the question him, but the sound a text book slamming against a desk caused them to turn back around to face Coach.

"All right, listen up. A quick warning before we begin our review. Some of you, like McCall, might want to start their own study groups, because tomorrow's midterm is so profoundly difficult...I'm not even sure I could pass it." Finstock chuckled. "Okay, I need a volunteer at the board to answer the first question. Who's got it, huh?"

Carter, Scott, and Stiles tuned Finstock out and continued to stare at Jackson in shock. "Paralyzed from the neck down. Do you have any idea what that feel like?" Jackson asked in a hushed tone.

"I'm familiar with the sensation," Stiles replied.

"Wait," Carter spoke up, causing all three males to look at her. "Why would Derek test you? Why would he think that it's you?"

Jackson gave her a look of bewilderment.
"How should I know?"

"Wait, do they think it's Lydia?" Stiles asked, frantically looking at the strawberry-blonde at the front of the classroom. Carter wasn't surprised that Derek would think Lydia was the Kanima, seeing as though she was bit by an Alpha and didn't turn or die.

"I don't know, all I heard was her name and something about chemistry." Jackson answered, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath.

"Jackson!" Finstock shouted, approaching their little four-way conversation. "Do you have something you want to share with the rest of the class?"

Jackson blinked rapidly, "Um...Just an undying admiration for my - my coach." Carter sighed and rolled her eyes at how terrible of a liar Jackson really was. (Is it really that hard to make something more believable up? Carter thought).

"That's really kind of you. Now shut up! Shut it! Anybody else?" Finstock asked, glancing around the room.

Scott sighed, reaching out and grabbing Stiles jacket, pulling him closer to his desk. "How do we know it's not her?"

"Because I looked into the eyes of that thing, okay? And what I saw was pure evil. And when I look into Lydia's eyes, I only see 50% evil. All right, maybe 60. You know, but no more than 40 on a good day." Stiles argued.

Carter reached out, placing one hand on Stiles' shoulder and the other of Scott's forearm, engulfing them with her pleasing warmth. "Stiles, that's not a very good argument."

Stiles sighed in annoyance, "I'm aware of that, but I swear it's not her. It can't be, all right? Lydia's fine."

A very familiar feeling crept into her body from her finger tips and the pain in the back of her head began once again, it was different than what she felt last night in the animal clinic when Scott was stabbed. This pain was something she had never felt before, it was a stronger more prominent pain. Carter tried to blink it away, but it was steadily getting worse.