six; frenemy

FRENEMY
(HAS NOT BEEN REWRITTEN)

It took Derek all of three seconds to sprint off into the night. Two seconds later, a pair of arms wrapped around Carter's waist, hoisted her up off of her feet, and shoved into the backseat of Stiles' jeep. Carter mumbled to Scott, something relating to not liking being man-handled.

It seemed like as soon as all three of them were sitting in their proper seats, Stiles took off. Carter had to grip onto the back of the front seats to keep herself upright. They were literally just winging it, trying their best to get to Jackson before Derek.

The tires of the jeep screeched as Stiles jerked the wheel, and right when they turned into the alley, Stiles slammed on his brakes. Carter grunt as the seatbelt dug into her lower stomach. There were tire spikes directly in front of the car as well as a chain linked fence.

"What do we do now?"

Scott flung open the door, leaving the duo as he flipped himself over the gate, not looking back once. The brunette scoffed, unbuckling herself and rolled rather ungracefully into the passenger's seat.

***

Carter and Stiles continued to walk through the seemingly-empty area and when they approached the backside of the building,
Carter let out a sigh of relief. Her large brown eyes landed on Scott, who was peeking around the corner of the building.
Stiles immediately walked over to him and grabbed his arm, scaring Scott in the process.

"Wait, wait. I'm sorry, I'm sorry." Stiles spat out quickly, holding up his hands in defense. "Did you see where he went?"

"I lost him," Scott muttered, letting out a breath.

Carter's ears perked up and she crossed her
arms over her chest. "What? You couldn't catch his scent?"

"I don't think he has one."

Stiles huffed, "All right, any clue where he's going?"

"To kill someone."

"Ah! That explains the claws and the fangs and all that. Good, makes perfect sense now." Stiles replied sarcastically, earning frowns from Scott and Carter. "What? Guys, come on. I'm one-hundred and forty-seven pounds of pale skin and fragile bone, okay? Sarcasm is my only defense."

Carter glowered at them, moving in between them so that she could get a better visual of everyone going into the club. There was nothing out of the ordinary. Typical.

"Just help me find it," Scott insisted.

"Not it. Jackson." Carter corrected with a stern look.

"Yeah, I know." Scott agreed. "I-I-I know."

"All right, but does he know that? Did anybody else see him back at your house"
Carter questioned, shifting around as she rubbed shoulders with Scott.

"I mean, I don't think so, but he already passed Derek's test anyway."

"Yeah, but that's just the thing. How did he pass the test?"

"I don't know," Scott replied.

"Maybe it's like an either-or thing. I mean, Derek said that a snake can't be poisoned by its own venom, right? When's the Kanima not the Kanima?" Carter asked.