twelve; master plan

MASTER PLAN
(HAS NOT BEEN REWRITTEN)

"I got to meet with the medical examiner and try to figure out what happened with Jackson," Stilinski began to explain to Carter, Scott, and Isaac as they all stood inside the boy's locker room. Carter had to change into one of Scott's shirts, her abilities causing another one of her favorite shirts to be ruined, but she couldn't help but be beyond worried because Stiles was missing, Gerard had control over the Kanima, and Allison had gone rouge. "I've got an APB out on Stiles. His jeep is still in the parking lot, so that means - oh, hell, I don't know what that means. Look, if he answers his phone, if he answers his emails, if any of you see him-"

"We'll call you," Isaac assured, his voice soft.

"Look, he's probably just freaked out from all the attention or something. We'll find him," Scott said softly, none of them wanting to come to the worst possible conclusion. Scott reached his hand out, engulfing Carter's smaller one in his own. He knew why she screamed when Jackson died, but he didn't even want to consider the amount of pain she must have went through when he died.

"Yeah," Stilinski agreed, his voice quivering. "I'll see you, okay?"

The three teens stood huddled together in front of Stiles' locker, waiting for the rest of the team to finish and exit the locker room. They needed to break into Stiles' locker, and it's not like they could go sniffing Stiles' clothes for his scent with everyone hanging around them.

"McCall," Finstock's voice called out, the lacrosse coach approaching the three of them. "We need you on the team, okay? You know I can't put you on the field next season if you don't get your grades up."

Scott nodded, "Yeah, I know, Coach."

Carter released Scott's hand, moving to stand on the opposite side of Isaac. The two leaned their backs against the lockers, Isaac glanced down at the brunette next to him. It had been easy to tell that she was pained - emotionally and physically - she could still feel remnants of Jackson's self-inflicted wounds being cut into her flesh. Her physical appearance hadn't been that appealing either. Her dark hair was frizzy and tangled, tan-skin now paled, dried streams of tears stained her cheeks, and she had black make up smudges around her eyes.

Carter still couldn't seem to wrap her head around what had just happened. She didn't understand how fate picked and chose who got to live and who got to die. Jackson had no control over what he had become after getting bit by Derek. No one could have predicted that. He didn't deserve to die. And Carter didn't deserve to experience it.

Finstock's voice snapped her out back into reality, "I mean, I - I know I yell a lot, but it's not like I hate you guys. Well, I kind of hate Greenberg, but, you know, that's different. It's Greenberg. I'm just saying we - I need you on the team. Get your grades back up."

Scott nodded, and firmly answered: "I will."

"I know," Finstock replied, backing away from the three of them.

During the time Finstock had been speaking to Scott, the remaining players managed to exit the locker room fairly quickly, making it easier for Scott and Isaac to get into Stiles' locker.

"Is that everyone?" Carter asked softly, the brunette felt as though she was stuck inside of a daze or an alternate universe.