TOOFD- Part 10 Magic's Lost, But Hope Remains

Sabine teleported to the castle above the old Magi temples and saw Anmy Diroki, a battlemage from the northern continents and one of Sabine's classmates. She felt a spark within her when she passed by Anmy and knew she was the missing piece for their mission. Sabine asked Anmy if she was interested in an adventure and invited her to meet in the underground chamber under Scimagi University. Sabine also needed one more person for the mission, so she approached Mis Donnite, a teacher of Arcanumite, to join them on an expedition to the university's underground. Mis Donnite agreed, and Sabine reminded her not to share the mission with anyone as it was crucial, and they needed trustworthy people.

Mis Donnite grinned, and her face lost its usual rosy cheeks and dark silence as she spoke.

"Of course, dear. I know what you've been up to."

Her emotions were now more straightforward, and Sabine knew she could trust her. However, Mis Donnite had lost someone and was searching for them forever.

Sabine was a clever person, and she knew that Mis Donnite, a teacher of Arcanumite, was the only one in the Arcaine Temple of Knowledge who could achieve Synthetic Magic/technology.

"Where do you want me to meet you?" asked Mis Donnie.

Sabine turned back and asked, "Do you know the underground well?"

Sabine looked around to make sure no one was listening. Come with me. I will take you while the break is on. We need to get into the underground laboratory. Theirs something I need for my research."

Sabine whispered as they walked to a dead end. Then she waved her bracket over the wall, and it dropped down, revealing the passageway She and her friend used. When they passed the wall, it rolled back up silently like it was muffled by magic.

The creaky door was loud but almost the only sound in the backdrop. Sabine and Mis Donnie walked down steps straight and left right left and right, straight and to a door that seemed to glow with a dim purple shadow.

Sabine, you made it back, Anmy is here, and she brought food. Forgot about reasonable excuses and she insisted that we bring her bag, which had been.

Sabine smiled a little grin. She had her team now for the pitch. She stood there and nodded, then spoke deeper.

"Now that you're all here, we are going to search for the Order of the Flaming Drakoha Chronite - the Artifact of the Last War. According to ancient texts, before magic existed all over the realm of Alanoria, a powerful wizard defeated a dragon and freed us from eternal darkness and corruption. Magic vanished, and we have only now acquired the technological advances we need to reach the Archaic Vault and laboratory of the wizard who perished when Alex Drakoha Chronite supposedly died. However, from my research and practical magic, I have discovered that this man never died. He lived on to protect magic until the time of the First War, which is described in a Word Tablet handed down by my grandparents 1000 generations ago."

They say he held a small fragment of magical power that, described in his texts, depicted several lines of magic running horizontally and vertically to each universe stretching across history and the future. But the knowledge of how to interact with the Aetherium Reality has been lost, and apparently.