Chapter 17

Demi's POV

"Bitch! Go die!" Miley shouted. "Why do you hate us so much?" Normani questioned loudly. "Because you three are such disgusting cunts who should just go and kill themselves!" Ashley shouted back. "Don't talk about my girlfriend like that!" Arin, Normani's boyfriend, shouted back in defense.

"You dawgs don't deserve what you have, you motherfuckers!" Dinah shouted. We were all taken aback by this because normally Dinah didn't say much.

Selena was standing right next to me, then nudged me. "Demi, I really have to tell you something important, can we go?" Selena whispered. "Not now, later," I whispered back. "It's important," Selena pleaded.

The two of us then heard a loud hit. Dinah had landed in Normani's arms; either Ashley or Miley must've punched her for what she said. Siope, Dinah's boyfriend, then punched Miley in the face, causing her to stumble, yet not fall.

Her nose began to slowly trickle with blood. However, Miley looked incredibly enraged rather than in any sort of pain. "You're so going to regret that you little bastard," Miley growled.

"My office. NOW," the school principal demanded from behind Selena and I. He had Lauren and Camila standing behind him.

All twelve of us followed the principal to his office in silence. Niall was nowhere to be seen, and I didn't even have the slightest idea about what had happened to Zayn.

Once we entered, Miley and Dinah sat down in the office chairs, while everybody else stood around the office. The principal went to take his seat.

"Kids, can you tell me what happened today?" the principal asked. Everyone began to talk and say different stories all at the same time, making the principal incredibly annoyed.

"I'm going to talk to you each one at a time," the principal declared. He had everyone leave his office except for Miley, and had us all wait in the hallway.

"Demi, I still have to talk to you," Selena whispered in my ear as we sat down. "Not now, after school, okay?" I told her. She nodded.

Camila and Lauren then joined us. However, not a single one of us said another word. We stayed silent as Miley came out of the office in tears, then Ashley went in.

After a while, I was told to go into the office. I walked in nervously, then took a seat in front of the principal. I was shaking.

"Lovato, Demetria," he noted aloud as he read my file. I nodded slowly. The principal then glanced up. He was very tall, with broad shoulders. He had black hair, and eyes that were almost black.

"Now, I've been told the story of what happened in many different perspectives, so I'm not going to ask you what happened. However, did you, or did you not say or do anything menacing to anyone?" he asked. "No, you see, I just witnessed everything, and I also went to get Selena and Camila because they weren't there at first," I hurried.

He nodded. "What happened today should result in suspension for you and your friends. However, so far, all I see is that Miley and Ashley were the ones creating problems, correct?" the principal asked. I nodded. "Alright, you may go. Call in Lauren and Camila, they can come in at the same time," the principal declared.

I nodded once more, then got out of the chair and headed outside of the office. I tapped Lauren, and told her that she and her sister had to go into the office, then sat back down next to Selena, who had gone in already.

Lauren's POV

Camz and I walked into the office hand in hand. We were both trembling because the two of us and Geoffrey went way back.

**flashback**

"Hey little girl," a man said to me. I looked up to see two men looking down at me and Camz, who was sleeping beside me.

"Who are you?" I asked. "I'm Geoffrey," said the man who had spoken before. "And I'm Bryce, Geoffrey's brother. And we're going to take care of you," said the other.

Bryce picked me up in his arms, and Geoffrey did the same with Camz, who was still sleeping throughout this entire encounter.

Even though any thirteen year old would ask not to be carried by a stranger, I decided not to protest. Not only was I too weak to even move on my own, but I was also scared of these people. They could've been capable of doing absolutely anything to us.

This was the beginning of our new lives.

**end of flashback**

"Lauren, Camila, take a seat," Geoffrey said sternly. I trembled as I took a seat. Geoffrey had always preferred Camz to me, so at least he would be nicer with her around.

"You girls are in a great deal of trouble," he started. I gulped. "I can't suspend you, but the school has a week long break at the end of the week. I'll just tell my brother what happened here today, and you two will just have to work extremely hard. Now Camila, head to class," Geoffrey said.

My sister looked at me nervously, then left. I turned to Geoffrey. "I don't want poor young Camila doing so much work all on her own, so will you take on most of it?" Geoffrey asked. I nodded.

"Good. Now get to class kid, with the rest of the little brats," he practically growled. I nodded and headed to go. "Oh, and don't tell Camila I said that," Geoffrey added as I grabbed the doorknob. "Sure, okay," I mumbled, then scurried away to my class.

Already, I felt the need to cut myself. I obviously couldn't do it during class, so I just had to wait until I got home, sadly.

Last period passed by quickly, thankfully. I dashed out of the classroom and headed to my locker to get my stuff. Once I retrieved everything, I headed to see Camz.

She was with Selena when I got up to her. They spent an awful lot of time together. "Come on Camz, we have to go," I told my sister. "Okay, bye Selena," my sister said as she walked with me to the car.

"I'm sorry about today," I told Camz as we got into the car. "It's no problem, really," she replied.

For the rest of the way home, we were both silent. Neither of us knew what to say to the other sibling.

Even once we got home, neither of us knew what we could possibly say to each other that would make things less awkward. I honestly preferred this, so that this way I could go and cut myself in peace.