Chapter 19

Demi's POV

First up, I had gym class. In gym, we had to play dodgeball. I was on Miley and Lauren's team, however Zayn and Niall were sadly on the other team.

"Ready? Set? Go!" yelled the gym teacher, causing us all to start playing. I ran to pick up a ball and threw it straight at the other team as everyone else did the same.

With my great throwing skills, and my even better dodging skills, I was one of the best players in the entire class. This was before Lauren came to class. She was so good!

Towards the end of class, it was Lauren and I against Zayn and a guy named Jay that I didn't know very well. They were the only two people better than me, but I suspected that they were no match for Lauren.

"You get Zayn, I'll get Jay, okay?" Lauren asked. I nodded. I went to one side of our half of the gym, Lauren on the other. We looked at each other and nodded.

Jay and Zayn threw their balls at us. Smart as we were, Lauren and I blocked their shots with our own balls. We then threw at the exact same moment. Jay was hit in the stomach, although I hit Zayn in the head.

Lauren ran up to me and have me a high five. "Good job," she said with a smile. I think that was the first time I had ever seen her smile. "You too," I replied with my own smile.

As soon as this happened, the bell rang to signal the end of class. We all went to get changed and started to head to our next class, science. I went to get my books before I went to class, yet once I retrieved them from my locker I went straight to class.

I dumped my books on my desk. Someone then tapped my shoulder, causing me to turn around and see Selena and Camila. "Hey, can we talk to you?" Selena asked. "Sure," I replied and then followed them out the door.

"Okay, there's something we've been wanting to tell you all week," Camila started. "Okay, what is it?" I asked. Selena and Camila looked at each other nervously, causing me to get nervous.

"Niall is cheating on you with Miley," confessed Selena. I looked at the two of them like they were crazy. "What? That's impossible!" I exclaimed. "I saw it with my own eyes," Camila said softly. "You must have seen another couple that the guy looks almost as awesome Niall does," I declared.

Both Selena and Camila shook their heads. I just rolled my eyes at my friends. "You two are just delusional," I stated. I turned to go into the classroom when I saw it.

There they were. Niall and Miley were kissing right over my desk. I walked at a brisk pace towards them. I tapped Niall on the shoulder.

"Hey you moronic bastard," I said. Niall looked ashamed, yet I didn't care as I smacked him hard across the face.

Right before Niall could say anything, I stormed out of the room. I stormed off straight to the bathroom and slammed the door shut behind me. I dropped to the floor as tears began to stream down my face.

Abruptly, the door then opened. I looked up to see Selena and Camila coming in quickly. Camila shut the door behind her quietly as Selena rushed up to me and sat down beside me.

"Why is the world so mean?" I asked as I put my head on her shoulder. She wrapped her arm around me. "Some guys are just cruel, but it's okay, he never deserved you," Selena assured me. Camila crouched down on the other side of me. "It's going to be okay," she said soothingly.

The three of us stayed in the bathroom together for the entire next period. Selena and Camila comforted me until the bell to end second period sounded.

"Demi, are you sure you want to go back to class? You don't have to if you don't want to," Selena said as we all got up from the ground. "I guess I'll go, I kind of want to see how Miley and Niall react when I walk into the next class," I commented wearily. "That's the spirit!" Selena encouraged.