Chapter 44

Ally's POV

Gratefully, lunch came around soon enough. I was glad because my classes were long and irritating. I walked hand in hand with Troy to the lunch table to see that we were the first ones to get there.

"Since we're alone," Troy started with a smirk as he leaned in to kiss me. I didn't want him to kiss me, not that I didn't like him it was just everything that had happened with Lauren. In a panic, I turned away and his lips landed on my cheek.

Troy began to pout. "I want to kiss you," he whined. "Oh well," I stuck my tongue out at him. "Come on," he complained. Troy put his forehead on mine and I decided to give him a peck on the nose. "No more?" Troy asked. "Nope," I replied as I moved my head away from his.

He caught me off guard by ticking me. I began to laugh hysterically, begging him to stop, yet he wouldn't listen. I swatted his hands away as Siope, Dinah, Selena and Camila came to the table. "Hey," I smiled as I caught my breath. They greeted me as well as they sat down.

"Kiss me," Troy suddenly whispered in my ear seductively. I turned to face him as he cupped my face. He slowly leaned into me as I quickly grabbed a French fry and shoved it in his mouth. "You don't get to kiss me because you tickled me," I stuck my tongue out at him again, even though in reality I just didn't want to be even more confused about my feelings.

"You two are so cute," Dinah told us. "You really are," Camila agreed as she ate. "Ally's really what?" Normani asked as she walked up to us hand in hand with Arin. "They're talking about how Ally and Troy are a really cute couple," Siope informed her as they sat down. I then noticed that Demi and Lauren were with them too.

My heart began to best really fast. I got really nervous just at the thought of Lauren. "Awh Ally you're blushing!" Normani exclaimed. "No I'm not," I replied nervously. "It's okay, we all know it's because of Troy," Dinah winked, although I had a feeling she knew something was up. No one else noticed this since Troy was smiling like an idiot.

We all ate lunch while we talked and had a good time. I slowly got less nervous about being around Lauren during the conversation. That was until it was nearing the end of lunch and Lauren asked me to go to the bathroom with her.

Nervously, I walked behind her without a word. We went into the bathroom and she leaned against the sink. Lauren took a sigh before she told me, "I've been thinking a lot about what you told me in the hospital about you liking me. However, I still don't know what to say. I mean, hearing those words made me so happy, they made me really feel worth something. I just don't know if I feel the same way. I've never really developed feelings for anyone, and to be honest I don't think I'm into girls. You're still an amazing friend, and I'm really glad I got to know you, and I'm happy I could get to know you better since I'm not dead." I smiled at her in response, not knowing what to say.

Flushing came from one of the stalls as Lauren began to walk out. I stayed back to see Ashley walk out of the stall. She had an evil grin on her face as she turned to me and said, "Hey, I guess I'll call you dyke now. You fatty little dyke."

Quickly, I rushed out of the stall and caught up with Lauren. "What's wrong?" Lauren asked in a concerned tone. "Nothing, let's go," I rushed. She followed in my tracks as I hurried back to our table. I grabbed my stuff and walked away without a word, trying hard not to let my tears overflow.

Realization set in just then. I could never tell anyone else about me liking girls. I could never be who I wanted to be. People would just have more reasons to hate me.

Selena's POV

"Explanation please?" Normani asked Lauren. "I have no idea what happened," she replied. As they continued to talk I looked over towards the bathroom to see Ashley walk out and go back to Vanessa and Miley.