Chapter 57

Ally's POV

Being in the hospital and mute honestly sucked. I had absolutely nothing to do, and I could even talk to people when they visited. Dinah, Normani, and Demi came to the hospital everyday. They would talk to me and try to cheer me up, yet I was stuck drowning in my thoughts with absolutely no way out.

Demi would stay five minutes after the others to inform me what was going on with Camila. The two of them had been in constant contact, however both made sure to do so very discreetly. Demi would tell me while no one else was there so that no one else would find out, since if more people knew then there would be more chances of Camila and her family's lives to be put in danger.

Nothing had changed in this situation after an entire week. I had to stay in the hospital until I regained my ability to speak, yet the others all had to go home, except for Demi who was trying to find a way to save Camila. Since I was in the hospital of Washington, there was no way my friends from home could visit me, and it wasn't like my parents were going to come, and Demi wouldn't come either since she was so busy searching for Camila, so I was all alone in my room, watching as different patients and doctors came in and out.

Knocking came from the door of the room. I looked up to see Ashley in the doorway. She strutted in the room and sat on my bed without even asking permission. I glared at her, causing her to speak. "Hey little loser," she smiled, "How are you here, all alone in the hospital? How are you, knowing that you're not going to get out of here?" I gave her a questioning look, causing her to snicker and say, "My uncle's your doctor."

"You're a bitch," I wrote on a piece of paper and handed it to her. Ashley read the paper and laughed. "I know, thank you," she replied. I rolled my eyes at her. "Just for that, I'll have your death be even slower," she hissed. "I highly doubt you'll actually be able to have me killed," I wrote again. "We'll see about that," she remarked with a devious grin as she got up and left me there.

A swarm of doctors and machines then rushed in the room as Ashley exited. The doctors brought in a hospital bed with someone who was attached to all of the machines. They put the bed next to mine and all left, except for one. He filled out a chart and hung it on the foot of the patient's bed where there was a hook to do so. The doctor then walked up to me.

"How are you doing, Allyson?" the doctor asked me as he picked up my charts and read through them. I shrugged in reply, then wrote him the message, "Where's my usual doctor?" "Doctor Tisdale was fired today. There was some issue about a conspiracy that I don't really know about nor do I care about," he informed me, bringing a slight grin to my face, "Anyhow, it's been a week, so you should start trying to speak. Try to say ah." I opened my mouth to do so, yet no sound came out; the only thing that occurred was that I was put into great pain.

The doctor looked concerned. "Are you in pain?" he asked. I nodded with a frown. "I'll go get you some water. I'll be right back. After I get you some water I'll go figure out what's going on because that's not supposed to happen at this stage in your recovery," he hurried off. I slumped into my bed and rested my eyes until he came back and gave me a glass of water, which I drank appreciatively, then watched him leave.

Realization that maybe that damage that Ashley had wanted to happen had already been done. Perhaps her uncle did something during the operation, or slipped something in either my food or my IV. I began to worry frantically about this. I wasn't ready to die just yet. I had to see Lauren one last time. I needed to apologize to her about making her situation worse. That was the only thing I needed to do; the only thing I needed to live for. After I would do that I'd be ready to die.

My worries kept increasing until the voices in my mind took over. They began to tell me how I deserved the slow and painful death that was coming my way. As the voices got louder and louder, I turned onto my side and curled into a ball. I shut my eyes and concentrated all of my will power on trying to get them to stop. I did this since there was nothing else I could do. I couldn't cut and I couldn't purge, so that was what I had left.