Chapter 32

Ally's POV

My heart was still racing as we reached the lunch table. Arin, Siope, and Troy were waiting for us at the table. Normani went to sit with Arin, Dinah with Siope, and I with Troy, with Lauren sitting beside me on my other side.

"Hey babe, where were you all day?" Troy asked as he wrapped his arms around me for a hug. I shrugged and said, "I got a detention." Everyone at the table looked at me in shock. "You, Ally Brooke Hernandez, in detention?" Troy asked. I nodded. "Why?" Lauren asked. I half smiled at the fact that she cared.

"Well, I kind of got mad at Ashley. I've just had enough of her bullying me, and us, you know?" I told them. "Just because you were mad, you got a detention?" Arin asked. "Well not exactly, I kind of pulled her hair and hit her," I mumbled. Troy looked at me with a smile and gave me a high five. "Good job, that bitch deserved it!" he congratulated me.

Normani and Dinah gave Troy and I stern looks. I knew they were disappointed, so I changed subjects by turning to Lauren and so did everyone else. We asked her some questions to get to know her better until it was time to head to class.

Everyone headed quickly to class except for Lauren. I walked up to her, wanting to talk to her privately. "What's wrong?" I asked her in a soft voice, even though my heart was going a mile a minute.

Lauren shrugged in response. I looked at her in the eyes, her beautiful grayish green eyes that could put anyone in a trance. "Lauren, please tell me," I pleaded. "It's nothing, okay?" Lauren said a little coldly. "I just want to help," I mumbled.

She sighed. "I'm sorry. No one's ever really helped me before," she confessed. "Well I promise I'll try my best to help you," I told her. "Thank you," Lauren replied with a little smile that was adorable.

"Ally! Come on we're going to be late for gym class!" Troy called. I sighed in turn. "I'll talk to you later or tomorrow, okay?" I told Lauren. She nodded. I sadly turned away from the girl of my dreams and headed towards Troy. As I approached him, he approached me and picked me up bridal style.

I began to laugh as Troy carried me all the way to the gym and to the changing rooms. "Troy put me down!" I exclaimed as we neared the girls' changing rooms. "Say it," he said in a deep voice. "Say what?" I asked. "Say the magic sentence, otherwise I'm going in," he demanded jokingly.

"Oh no, not the magic sentence!" I exclaimed with a laugh. "Say it!" Troy said. "Never!" I stuck my tongue out at him. "Then I'm going into the changing room," he replied. "No!" I said loudly. I began to punch his chest, yet he was so strong that he didn't feel anything. He slowly made his way to the door when I finally gave in.

"Fine, I love you Troy," I said with a goofy smile as I kissed his cheek. Saying I love you wasn't a lie, since I did love him, but not in the way he thought. Troy smiled at this unknowingly and let me down gently. "There you go my princess. Your secret palace awaits," he said with a curtsey, causing me too smile widely at his sweetness. With that, we both entered our separate changing rooms.

Quickly, I changed into my gym clothes and headed out of the changing room. As I exited, Troy was right there waiting for me. He took my hand as we walked to the gym together.

"Class, today we're going on a walk with one of the sophomore classes, alright?" the teacher said. Everyone nodded and we headed outside to see that Dinah's class was waiting for us.

Just as I was about to say hi to Dinah, Troy picked me up and put me on top of his shoulders. Thankfully, the teacher didn't really notice this, nor would he care. I was glad about this because while I was on his shoulders, I felt like I was on top of the world, literally and figuratively.