Chapter 23

My head...

It's pounding...what...what  happened?

The last thing I remember was...Finn.

Everything that happened after is a bit of a blur. I screamed and then... Sage she attacked me. She said it was supposed to be me. That's why she asked me to lunch, she was in on the attack. She was trying to get them to kill me, but they... they killed Finn instead. I wanted them dead, they deserved it after the stunt they had pulled, but I don't remember killing anyone. What am I missing? Did I black out? No...no that's not right. This doesn't feel like a blackout. It feels like...like a spell! Someone spelled me! There was only one person capable of that kind of magic.

Kol!

As I slowly started to come around I noticed I wasn't in the mansion. White and pink flower wallpaper, a matching couch and chairs. I was in Granny's, back in Storybrooke. Someone brought me back to Storybrooke! Damn you Kol! My body was stiff, it was as if I was being weighed down by something. I was also hungry-no starving. I needed blood, a lot of blood. I scanned the room and saw Killian passed out in a chair with his flask in his hand. No way in hell was I feeding on him, he's the man I love. I wouldn't do it even if I was about to desiccate. I slowly got up from the bed and walked to the door. I need to get out of here, I need to feed. I tried to quietly open the door, keyword tried. The bloody door squeaked waking Killian. "Rowena"He groggily asked. I turned to him, full vampire face. "I'm sorry"I apologized and sped out the door.

Downstairs and out the diner doors, I paused in front looking around. I could hear people's hearts pounding as they passed by. Then I heard the commotion inside and quickly sped off. I found a bar and went inside, some drunk idiots will be more than enough to satisfy the hunger. I scanned the room, my eyes landing on two men talking about how useless their wives are. I made my way towards their table, probably looking like a lion stalking it's prey. I sat down and the two looked at me like I just insulted them. "Who the he-"but I cut the guy off compelling him to be silent. "Don't. Answer my questions honestly"I compelled them. "What's the worst thing you've done"I asked. "I killed my ex wife"Guy 1 said. My eyes widen, I wasn't expecting that. "I helped. Now we're plotting my wife's murder"Guy two stated. "We're going to make it look like an accident. The new sheriff is too dumb to question it"Guy 2 continued.

That was the wrong thing to say.

Dropping the second body onto the first, I let my face relax and wiped the blood from my mouth. Not that it did much good, it just smeared and I was covered in their blood. Man I really needed that, but now I have two bodies to get rid of. I raised my hand to set them both on fire, but nothing happened. I tried again. Nada. Zilch. Zero fire to be seen. Something is wrong with my magic. "Kol put a dampening spell on you. You will be unable to use your magic for a least a week"I heard someone say. Elijah... of course they sent him. I turned my head to see that he was thankfully alone. Good, I don't have to explain this to Emma. "Of course he did, so what's the plan Elijah?"I asked. "Finn is our brother! He deserves justice!"I shouted. "I know he does and we'll get it. Right now we need to deal with the two bodies and then we can talk"He reasoned. "Fine let's get going before someone sees this"I relented.

Last thing I needed was for someone to see and report to Emma. I don't want her to see me like this...as a monster.

Bodies were torn apart, the pieces buried in separate locations, but there was still one problem. I was still covered in blood and now dirt too. By some miracle Elijah was unscathed, no blood or dirt. Despite it being him who dismantled the bodies. "How do you always look so pristine?"I asked mildly annoyed. "Because I'm a gentleman"He retorted causing me to roll my eyes. "Why did you bring me here? You're only delaying the inevitable"I inquired. "Kol summoned Finn to ask how we could help you. He... he told us to take you home, back to your daughter"He explained. I could see the impact it had on him as he called this place my home. "Try again, Kol's too impulsive to call on Finn. Since when do you lie Elijah?"I snapped crossing my arms. "It's true, we were arguing about what to do when Rebekah shouted it would be easier if we could just ask Finn. So we did"Elijah explained. "Were you really going to condemn an entire town for the crime of four people"He asked. I looked him directly in the eyes and sternly spoke.