History Repeating

Season 1, Episode 9

Damon walks down the stairs and into the living room. He pours himself a drink and takes a sip groaning as he lifts his hand. He lifts his shirt revealing the wound Lexi gave him the night before still healing.

"Shouldn't this have healed by now?"

"It takes a while," Ashley says from behind him on the couch startling him. "For you anyway. Just be glad she didn't bite you,"

"What are you still doing here?"

"Well, this town has piqued my interest," She lifts the glass of blood and drinks it, "I mean it's got love drama, witches, vampires, a council that hunts vampires..." She turns to him, "...A Tomb that needs opening,"

Damon speeds to her and chokes her but she doesn't seem phased, "How do you know about the tomb?"

Ashley knees him "gently" on the stomach. He lets out a pained groan and releases her before falling backward to the ground.

She stands up, "I have my ways,"

"What do you want?" He lifts himself up, hand on his stomach.

"Now what would I what with a tomb that holds 28 vampires?"

"I don't know you tell me," Damon says going back to his drink.

Ashley rolls her eyes. She picks up a backpack on the couch and walks away, "Let me know when you figure it out,"

He heads to the kitchen and starts making coffee. He pours two cups and heads upstairs to Stefan's room.

"Rise and shine!" He hands him the coffee, "You'll be late for school,"

"What? What are you doing?" Stefan asks.

"Peace offering. Come on, you need it for blood circulation. Does dead flesh good!" Stefan makes a face, and Damon sighs, "All right. I'm sorry,"

Stefan gets out of bed and starts to get ready, "Step aside, please,"

Damon does, "I got the town off our back now they'll be looking for someone that's left town." Stefan gives him a side eye as he picks a shirt, "It was for the greater good, but I'm sorry. And, to prove it, I'm not gonna feed on a human," He is greeted with silence, "For at least a week. I'll adopt a Stefan diet! Only nothing with feathers," He takes a sip from his coffee.

"'Cause I realize that planning to kill your closest and oldest friend behind your back, almost succeeding in doing so, is beyond evil, and yet somehow, it's worthy of humor," Stefan says mocking him.

"Are you mimicking me?" Damon asks.

"Yes, Stefan. Now that the secret society of vampire haters is off our back, I can go back to my routine of "How can I destroy Stefan's life this week?","

Damon starts playing along, "And I can go back to sulking and Elena-longing and forehead brooding." He laughs, "This is fun! I like this,"

"And I will finally reveal the ulterior motive behind my evil and diabolical return to Mystic Falls,"

Damon stays silent for a bit before.., "Yeah. I'm done," He starts walking away before turning to face Stefan and walking backward, "That's just like you, Damon. Always have to have the last word,"

 Always have to have the last word,"