Turning Point

Stefan walks into the parlor room where Damon is staring out the window.

"So any idea of where you'll go?" Stefan asks.

"I don't know. London, maybe. See some friends," Damon answers.

"You don't have any friends, Damon," Stefan retorts.

Ashley walks in going through her phone. Damon opens his mouth to say something but she interrupts, "And says I'm your friend because I'm not,"

"You're both right. I only have you, Stefan," He turns away from the window, "So where are we going?"

"We are not going anywhere. I'm going to live my life as far away from you as possible," Stefan tells him.

Damon walks towards him, "But we're a team! We could travel the world together. We could try out for The Amazing Race,"

Stefan chuckles, "Mmmm, that's funny. Seriously, where are you going?" He turns to Ashley, "That includes you. Because we are not staying in this town,"

Ashley looks up from her phone, "I'm going to New York to look for another way into the tomb and then come back,"

"What? No," Stefan exclaims.

Ashley scoffs, "You say that like I'm going listen,"

She walks away but Stefan grabs her arm as she walks past him. In the blink of an eye, she slammed him against the wall and lifted him by the neck one-handed.

A feral growl rips through her throat, "Lay your hand on me again and I'll rip it off with my teeth,"

Before Damon could intervene the doorbell rang. Ashley drops Stefan with a groan. She shakes her head and looks around like she came out of a trance before going upstairs. She looks down at her hand and sees her nails growing into claws.

Back in the parlor, Damon and Stefan look at each other puzzled

Back in the parlor, Damon and Stefan look at each other puzzled. Stefan gets up, leaves the parlor, and opens the front door, to find Liz Forbes outside.

"I'm here to see Damon,"

"Uh, sure. Ok," Stefan leaves.

Damon comes to the doorway, "Sheriff. What a surprise,"

"Sorry to bother you, but we need to talk,"

"Come in,"

Liz enters the house. Damon shuts the door and leads Liz out into the back courtyard.

"Um, I hope you understand the secrecy. Stefan doesn't know about this yet and I'd like to keep it that way. Plus a niece of ours moved in with us recently,"

Liz nods, "Of course, kids are too young to be brought into this," She pauses, "There's been another attack. A female victim, her throat torn out, completely drained of blood. It fits the pattern,"