Midnight Veil

QUEENS, NIGHT

Queens at night is truly a sight to behold. The city comes alive with the hustle and bustle of its eclectic neighborhoods, each offering a unique vibe and energy after dark. From the trendy bars and restaurants in Astoria to the vibrant nightlife scene in Long Island City, there is something for everyone to enjoy. The neon lights of Times Square reflect off the East River, creating a dazzling display of colors against the Manhattan skyline.

As ordinary people stroll through the streets going about their business, a whole other world awakens in the dark.

A man exits a dollar store and takes a swig from a can of beer. He catches a glimpse of something and looks up. A large group of bats fly over the rooftops at high speeds followed by 3 big creatures that look like wolves. The man looks down at his beer.

"What did they put in this thing?"

~~~

The bats dive into an alleyway and reform into a man. Exhausted he takes a deep breath before he turns to start running again but a woman drops in front of him.

Her eyes flash yellow, "This is as far as you go, Mark,"

Mark looks behind him and sees two men, also with glowing yellow eyes, blocking his way.

Mark jumps up and tries to fly away but nothing happens. He falls back to the ground and looks at his hands confused, "What!?!"

"Did you really think the boss would send us empty-handed," She chuckles showing him a rock with a rune engraved on it. She signals for the guys to get him.

"Okay hold on a second, Jules," Mark says panicked, "All of this because I killed a couple of humans? We already own this city. Why care for the humans?"

Jules growls, "That's not for you to decide, plus that's not the only rule you broke, is it?"

(Jules ☝️)

Mark pales as one of the guys grabs him and breaks his neck.

~~~

"Where are we going?" A girl asks the guy with her as they walk towards a building. She looks up at the bright neon sign that reads Midnight Veil.

"Somewhere we can let loose," He tells her. They walk in.

She gives him a puzzled look, "It's a hotel,"

They walk through the lobby, the guy greeting the woman at the front desk with a nod, heading for the elevator. Once inside he presses the button for the basement.