• 6 •

"Where are you going?" It was night one of the vampires and Aya and Edgar was preparing himself to leave. Ranpo had caught him slipping his boots on.

"I'm going to the park."

"At midnight?" Edgar looked guilty.

"I avoid humans in the night, I like to be with my animals. One of my ravens followed us and is waiting for me by the park."

"You're a weird guy Poe."

"I get that a lot." With that, Edgar slinked out of the apartment, softly closing the door. Bram was awake, he had yet to be moved to Aya's (technically Ranpo's but she had claimed it as her own) room to watch over her. Ranpo felt a tug in his chest, he wanted a relationship like the trio had. He had locked away all feelings of love years ago, but sometimes he forgets how much he yearns familial affection.

"Do not fret, he will be back when the sun rises, long before you get up." Bram said, watching Ranpo's face stir with emotions. He really needed to get his emotions in check, especially if the leader of vampires found out he was jealous of his relationship with Aya.

"I'm not worried, just wondering whether he will kill tonight."

"Unlikely, he usually tells me if he goes for a hunt."

"How are you so sure?"

"Does Leader of Vampires mean nothing to you? Vampires worship me, the least they could do is be honest."

"Are you sure the club is this way?" Edgar mumbled, fiddling with the cuffs of his shirt. Ranpo rolled his eyes.

"If you're not sure, use your own phone."

"I discarded it when I left for Japan."

"For gods sake, remind me to take you phone shopping." He pinched the bridge of his nose, and they continued walking in the same direction for a further ten minutes. This was filled with silence, with neither really spending time together without Aya by their side. They eventually stood outside the club, waiting in line for entry. There were neon lights emitting from the inside of the building, and the queue mainly consisted of men.

"This is great Edgar! So many men to choose from!" Ranpo said, showing his ID to the bouncer (he had always looked younger than he actually was) and the bouncer grinned creepily. He nodded to Edgar, possibly due to him actually looking his age.

"There's men to choose from alright. Enjoy yourself gentlemen." He gestured to the entrance and the two gave him an uneasy smile and walked inside.

The music was loud, and not to Ranpo's taste, it seemed to have the same effect on Edgar. He was slightly hiding behind Ranpo, already feeling uncomfortable with the sheer amount of men in the club.

"Where are the women?" Edgar shouted, although it sounded like a whisper with the volume of music blaring from the speakers.

"I didn't know you swung that way Poe, you dirty dog." Ranpo shouted back, teasing the vampire. Edgar flushed, although it could be due to the heat from the other people's bodies.

"I don't." Edgar suddenly looked apologetic, "I'm sorry, you didn't need to know that."

"Don't worry about it, me too." The two shared a glance, and Edgar looked away first and muttered something in English. They meandered over to the bar, Ranpo ordering a shot of whiskey for himself. Edgar declined any alcohol, claiming it would mess up his ability to hunt. Huh, so alcohol does affect vampires, Ranpo thought as he threw his head back and downed the shot.