• 17 •

"Hm? What's this?" Ranpo heard Edgar wonder to himself, and he turned around from packing his suitcase.

"What's up Ed?" The vampire was holding a letter that was slid under the hotel door. He opened the letter with practiced ease and read the contents. His eyes widened and Ranpo looked over his shoulder.

"Want to become human so you can hug your bae? Message me on xxxx-xxxxxx and we can discuss a deal that you can't refuse!
Signed, Nikolai Gogol.
P.S. Well done for losing your virginity - Dustyvesky
P.P.S. Fedya can't spell his name in Japanese yet, isn't it adorable?
P.P.P.S Thank you my love
P.P.P.P.S No problem baby
P.P.P.P.P.S -"

This letter continued for a further page and a half of end notes.

"How ridiculous!" Ranpo tutted incredulously, walking back over to the suitcase to pack. Edgar remained silent. "You don't need to become human to hug me! Besides, whatever they have planned can't be good for you." Ranpo swivelled his head to see Edgar still standing quietly, his eyes skimming over the first few sentences. "You're going to message them aren't you?"

"Of course not." He replied quickly, discreetly tucking the letter into his back pocket. "I don't need to be human."

Vampire hotline

You: I hate to ask this question, but can we all hunt together tonight? I need to talk about something

Lucy: what did you do

Chuuya: uh oh, sounds bad

Sigma: Of course Edgar, anywhere in particular?

You sent a location

Lucy: this is a gay bar

You: Apologies, wrong bar

Chuuya: LMAO

-

Lucy pulled her fangs out of the lifeless body, he flopped on the ground and she stood over him. She wiped her bloodied mouth with a bitter grin and her red eyes slowly morphed back into their usual emerald green. The others had also just retracted themselves from their victims. Edgar hadn't eaten, the anxiety rising in his chest was enough to keep his hunger at bay.

"You haven't hunted," Chuuya pointed out, "you really are worried about something."

"I just need some alcohol, I hunted not too long ago."

"You know if you just wanted to drink, you could've asked." Sigma said, heaving the dead bodies into a nearby dumpster. "We're all friends here."

"I, for one, enjoyed that hunt. The idea of going to a bar and picking off men really tickled my fancy." Lucy patted her stomach in exaggeration. Chuuya rolled his eyes.

"You would, you're a feminist."

"No, I'm for the ladies, there's a difference."

"Whore."

"Gay ass."

"Pillow princess."

"I am not a pillow princess!"

"You guys are missing the point." Sigma groaned, Edgar scuffed his boots into the gravel.

"Let's go somewhere quieter." He mumbled, the other three nodded and they began their two kilometre walk to their favourite bar. They filled this with chatter about their significant others, and Sigma would chime in with relationship advice.

"I just feel like Louisa works too hard, you know? She's still working for Fitzgerald because no one else will give her a chance, but I'm trying to convince her to work with me."