An Unfamiliar World

Japan
Nighttime
Tanjiro's POV

I wonder...

How different is this world.

The world I lived in had very little lights, moving vehicles were expensive and only the richest could afford it.

Yet, for some reason, so many people in this world have access to it.

I was brought here by a bunch of vehicles mounted by men in green suits, they carried what appeared to be weapons made to kill. The same weapons that were used to fight against me.

This area I am being escorted through has a bunch of lights, so many it's baffling to look at.

Is this really the country I lived in?

I understood what that man told me, this is Japan. But...

It looks so different. How much time has passed?

There's people in clothes that I do not recognize very well, holding weird devices as they ask that old man about something.

There's too many flashing lights being emitted from those weird oval objects, they're directed towards me specifically. I don't like this at all...

Professor Payne! Is it really true that the woman behind there is a human from a hundred years ago!

Apparently, that man is called Payne, his scent is similar to the one I smelled back in that weird place. Apparently, they had been conducting tests on me for some reason...

And then there are these people all around me, they wield these strange weapons that smell like metal and gunpowder, and they appear to be my "escorts".

I'm just following what these guys told me to, they seem to be taking me somewhere I am unaware of.

These people... This commotion... All focused on me...

Why?

What's special about me?

Why cause so much commotion over someone you don't know of?

Humans truly are strange... What do I mean by that? Aren't I human aswell, why'd I call them humans like I'm not one myself...

The scents in the air are intoxicating, there's so many it's hard to differentiate between them. Two hundred? No, three hundred humans? It's really hard to tell...

This world has been totally strange to be in, how long have I been asleep for?

Hm?

There's a person approaching me...

H-hey! You can't just run through the blockade like that!

Ah, sorry! I just want a word with her, would it be possible?

That Payne guy turns around and looks at me, his scent has changed from disturbed to confusion and surprise... And now it suddenly changed to concern and anger.

I'm afraid we can't do that-

I walk Infront of the escorts, appearing before the woman holding this strange device. They didn't even notice me, how bad are they in self awareness?