𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎

August 1st

August 1st.

✾Zaran✾
I walked into the building, my heels echoing against the hardwood floors of the lobby. My hair was tied back in a low bun but two strands had been loosely curled to frame my face.

As I glanced around, a woman made her way towards me and my eyes widened as soon as I recognized her face, Mrs. Carter. We had not seen each other in months and it came as no surprise that she did not look any different from when we last met.

"Good morning Mrs. Carter, is there an issue?" I spoke.

She extended her hand and gave me a friendly smile. "Hey, you must be Zaran Martinez?"

I nodded and shook her hand in greeting.

"Let's go somewhere more private to discuss some things. Is that alright with you?" She asked, fixing her short hair.

"Yes,"

We walked down a hallway before arriving in what seemed to be a private room. Carefully, she sat down in the chair and double-checked the door was securely locked before addressing me.

"Please, take a seat."

Clearing my throat nervously and gripping my hands tightly together I hesitantly waited for her to continue speaking, while sitting down.

"From now on, you and Lorenzo are together for business. Whatever relationship you guys have, stop it." She stated.

"Excuse me, but you can't decide that?" I scoff.

"Listen to me very closely. You are ruining the image of my son. I will get you fired, and get you banned from ever coming to this hotel," She warned me.

"But—"

"I heard you're little sob story. 20 years old, didn't go to college, and supposedly got abandoned by someone. You are unstable, live in a shitty apartment, and barely eat." She started.

"Imagine Lorenzo, a rich, successful, boss dating a low-life, poor, girl who didn't even go to college. That's embarrassing for him and this gosh damn family," She explained.

"Mrs. Carter please, we truly like each other though. We can make our relationship a secret," I requested.

"Nonsense! Lorenzo doesn't like you. He never liked anyone before. He only wants your body like any other man would. You think he did all of this because he liked you?"

I felt my heart sink as I heard the news. My stomach churned and my hands started to tremble.

"But, h-he did a lot of things for me. No man would do that if they didn't like them,"

"Zaran, he doesn't need a weak, poor woman in his life. You're too young, broke, and don't have your life together. Not only would that ruin our hotel image but our family!" She shouted, banging the table.