💖The Concert

!fem reader! x rafe cameron

wc: ~500

warnings: fluff, light cursing,

~🎟💖~

you lay face down on your bed as music played softly in the background. if you hadn't been fast asleep, you probably would have been singing along, which is what brought your boyfriend, Rafe, into your shared bedroom that afternoon.

"love?" he asked cautiously, but seeing you asleep, still in your clothes, his expression softened to a smile that he only reserved for you. quietly he walked into the room, pressing a soft kiss to your temple.

"hm?" you stutter, slowly waking up.

"sorry darling, didn't mean to wake you," he whispers.

"no no, I need to get up anyway," you say, rubbing your eyes and pushing yourself up onto your knees. "what time is it?"

"6," he answers, "dinner's almost ready."

"mm," you sigh, the smell finally entering your nostrils. "smells good."

"i'm glad," he says, "take your time waking up love, i'll come get you when the food's on the table." you don't answer this time, just nodding at his words, before slumping back on the bed.

your day hadn't been a hard one, per say, but the hours had dragged by, and by the time you had come home, ready to see your amazing boyfriend, he wasn't here, instead at the store, getting the ingredients to prepare for a perfect evening with you. so, you told yourself to take a power nap, and that by the time he came home, you would be ready to spend time with him, but your short power nap had turned into two hours.

finally, you slump off of the bed and onto the carpet, stretching out your arms and legs before heading for the door.

"rafe?" you ask, peeking your head out of the bedroom door, but your voice catches in your throat. the dining room has been decorated with fairy lights, balloons, and candles. the table has been set simply yet elegantly, and a gift lies wrapped in front of your plate. "wha-?" you begin to ask, but rafe is already striding towards you, and he cuts you off with a soft kiss.

"you have been working so hard lately sweetheart," he whispers, breaking the kiss, "and I wanted to get you something to show you how proud, and thankful, I am." you smile, not entirely knowing how else to respond, but you meet his lips with another kiss.

"thank you love," you say, but he holds up a finger to stop you.

"you haven't even seen what I got you yet." he smiles, and you return it happily. he goes to the table and pick up the gift, returning and handing it to you. you open the small box to reveal two tickets.

"you didn't."

"I may have."

"Taylor Swift?" Instead of responding, he just smiles, and you reach up to hug him swiftly, almost dropping the box in the process. "thank you thank you thank you!?" you nearly scream, jumping up and down.

"no need to thank me love, i'd do anything for you."