Inspired by Fr. Mike Schmitz

I was afraid because I was naked, so I hid myself. Gen 3:10.

In our shame, we want to hide our face. In our nakedness, we want to hide ourselves. From who? God, our father? Covering our shame from him is the last thing we should do. Theres nothing that the eyes of Jesus has not seen. There is nowhere Christ hasnt looked. There is no darkness that Jesus has not entered into. So why not let him see you? Why not let him hold you?

What has got us so occupied that 24 hours is not enough for us anymore? We have become too busy that we have no time to love God, to praise and worship, to smile and be grateful, to give and to care, to love and to pray for another, to talk to family and close friends; to do the things that really matter in the grand scheme of things.

In this world that is beautiful but broken, God is waiting for us to meet his acquaintance. Not only in brief thanksgiving when a miracle happens, but also when life is excruciatingly bending you a side that your body is not comfortable with. In a fire, in a storm, under debris and under a rainbow after eyes have leaked like waterfalls; if you can only pause for a moment, and look closely, you will see the Lord, standing beside you, happy, that you finally showed yourself to him.