Chapter 4: Making Progress

Azula's POV: (Begins from the day from the previous chapter)

I walked into my parent's Mauri to see my mother meditating with her eyes closed and one hand on her baby bump. My mother opened her eyes, hearing me walking in, and smiled at me.

"I see you mother" I motioned to her as she did it back as she stood and began preparing for dinner.

"Would you like help mother?" I asked, not wanting her to overwork herself while she was pregnant.

"No, thank my daughter, just sit and wait for dinner".

I did as she said and sat on the mat waiting. While she was cooking my sibling came in sitting by me and soon after my father walked in greeting us and kissing our mother hello while rubbing her baby bump.

While we ate my sister began to speak of her time with the Sully kids and how they were learning well. I soon zoned out thinking about them and how they had "demon blood". I was brought out of my thoughts when my mother spoke to me.

"Azula, how was training Tsu'tey?"

"It was good. He knew our ways well from when he was to be mated to Neytiri and he needs no further training". I exclaimed. My mother nodded once telling me she understood.

"Have you chosen a man to mate with yet?"

I inwardly groaned not wanting to have this conversation again.

"No mother I have not. None of the Navi' in our tribe keep my interest or appeal to me and besides, I don't know why I need one. Anoung is going to be the next leader of our clan along with his mate, so why must I mate someone?"

"Although you're not going to be the next leader, I'd like for you to have someone so when I and your father pass to Eywa we know you're happy with a man who protects you."

"I can protect myself, mother and I don't need a mate." My mother sighed in frustration.

My father put his hand on her leg to calm her and looked at me. "Perhaps your mother is right sweetheart. You need a mate. What about Tsu'tey? You seemed fascinated with him." My father said with a playful look.

I looked at him scowling and glaring at my siblings who were making kissing faces. "Ooo Azula likes one of the freaks~." Aonung teased me. I hissed at him baring my teeth and he looked down to the ground. I looked back to my mother when she spoke again,

"Daughter, is this true? Do you like the demon?" I huffed and rolled my eyes. "First, he is a real Navi, along with Neytiri, the others are the ones with the "Demon Blood" and second I do not have a fascination with him." My mother hummed unconvinced but let it go.

"Well, let's go to sleep. Aonung and Tyseria have to train the Sully kids tomorrow, I have Tashik duties and your father is training with Neytiri and Jake Sully." We all nodded and I went to my Mauri next to my family's, got in my hammock and went to sleep.

(Next Morning - Time Skip - Brought by Neytiri being the best)

Azula's POV:

I woke up and went to my family's Mauri to see my family gone. Knowing they were completing their duties I left the Mauri and began to walk down the beach enjoying the sound of the waves crashing and the people of our clan talking and having fun. I walked for a while enjoying everything until I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned around to see Tsu'tey. I raised one eyebrow and spoke,

"Can I help you?"

"Yes, I was wondering if you'd like to collect shells with me? Tuk wants me to make her a bracelet". He said looking slightly shy.

Cute I thought- wait what? No, he is not cute I thought, shaking my head and looking at him to answer.

"Ok, I do like looking for shells," I said.

Tsu'tey smiled wide showing his fangs and called his ilu Rono. I called my ilu Aimee. We got on our ilu's and went underwater. We swam along the ocean floor looking for shells. I found 4, one for each member of my family. Each was the color of the ocean contrasted with the dark colors you would see in the forest. We soon swam up, got on our ilu's, and went to the shore to make our bracelets.

Tsu'tey POV:

We sat on the shore working on the bracelets. I picked 4 shells for Tuk while she picked four for each of her family members. I picked tuk 2 ocean blue ones and two dark blue ones. While we were working on them I glanced at her to see her focusing on her bracelets biting her lip looking concentrated. She looked so cute... but I knew if I were to say this she would hit me. I was brought out of my thoughts by tuk running toward us with a smile on her face. I couldn't help but smile back.

"Tsu'tey guess what! guess what!" She said bouncing excitedly

"What is it, little tuk?" I asked, smiling at her.

"I learned to ride an ilu!" She said looking proud.

"That amazing tuk, have you named it?" Questioned Azula who was looking at Tuk with a soft smile and a soft look in her eyes.

"Yes! I named her Nora"! Tuk said looking at Azula with happiness.

Azula smiled and picked up Tuk while she talked and played with her. Watching Azula with her made my chest fill with warmth. She would make an amazing mother. I was brought out of my thoughts by her lifting me to my feet.

"Come let's ride our ilu's with tuk". Gesturing to tuk who began calling her ilu. I and Azula did the same and set off.

We were riding our ilu's when we decided to head back for supper. As we got off our ilu's and began our journey to our mauri's I turned to Azula.

"Goodnight Azula, may eywa bless your dreams". I told her, smiling. She looked at me with a smile showing her fangs that made my knees wobble.

"Goodnight Tsu'tey, Goodnight Tuk".

"Night Azula!" Tuk said, waving.

Azula smiled and walked away. Even walking away she looked beautiful. I couldn't keep the smile off my face all night and the progress I made with her. It seemed as if we are now friends but perhaps when she's ready it will turn to more. I went to sleep that night content and happy. Not knowing a certain Navi in her Mauri was the same way.