daddys girl

Just a cute little imagine of Noah and his daughter.
~ IMAGINE ~

I heard the faint sound of little footprints against the carpet of my room, as well as little sniffling noises. My husband, Noah, noticed the sounds too, sitting up leaning back on the pillow with his elbows, I did the same and turned to click on the lamp next to me. I made sure I had it on the lowest setting so it wasn't blinding.

I clicked on the light, filling the room with a warm yellowish glow, enough to see my 4 year old daughter next to the bed, on my husbands side. Shes always been a daddy's girl, which we both find adorable. She took one of her little hands and rubbed her small tired eyes. The other was wrapped tightly around her favorite stuffy. She wore her adorable night gown. She has long silky curly brown hair, which tonight she wore in a braid, which of course she had her dad do.

"Whats wrong baby girl?" Noah said softly, extending his arms toward his daughter and pulling her in and onto his lap. Tucking a loose strand of her brown hair that fell from her braid as she explained in toddler talk- what her problem was. It wound up being a nightmare, which turned into a closet monster.

"Do you want me to check your closet baby?" Noah told her, knowing she'd wind up sleeping with us anyways. She nodded her little head, looking down at her legs, while keeping her head down, she peered her little hazel eyes back up at her dad. He smiled, then scooped his daughter into his arms. She squirmed around a little as she wrapped her little arms around his neck, resting her tired head on his bare shoulder.

I followed behind the two of them, pulling one of Noah's shirts and shivering from the shocking coldness of the room out from under the covers and Noah's warmth.

When I made it to the room, Noah was already knelt down looking at his daughter who was now grinning at her dad. I listened in on the conversation between the two of them which caused my daughter to smile. It was of course about her favorite subject, as most little girls, unicorns. He was describing a castle with a garden and unicorns. He finished the story, realizing I was standing in the doorway.

"Want to come sleep with mommy and daddy?" I asked my sleepy but happy daughter. She nodded, her eyes clearly heavy. Noah picked his daughter up on more time, this time she closed her eyes drifting off to sleep already in her dads arms. He laid her down in the bed, propping her little head slightly on a small pillow in the middle of him and I.

We both laid next to our daughter, on our sides facing, our sleeping beauty. I tucked the little piece of hair that came loose once again back behind her ear. One of her little hands drifted over and found her dads hand, wrapping her little fingers around one of Noah's fingers.

We both planted a kiss on each of our daughters porcelain like rose colored cheeks, then clicked off the lights, all of us falling asleep peacefully. Now that Noah took care of that closet monster.