Comforting his daughter

~IMAGINE~

Noah and I sat on a bench at the park, around mid April when all the snow had melted and it started to warm up more outside.

Our daughter was busy playing at the park and making friends.

We were entertaining ourselves, me with a book and Noah scrolling on his phone.
Suddenly we heard the sound of footsteps and loud sobbing.

We looked up from our book and phone to see our little girl holding out her little hands to us with tears streaking her little face.

Before I could Noah quickly sat down his phone and went onto his knees by the bench in front of our daughter, his knees digging into the wood chips that covered the bottom of the playground.

She toddled over into her father's arms and he gently picked her up into his arms and sat back onto the bench beside me.

Noah gently lifted her little hands into one of his hands and inspected them, they were all scraped up and bloody, as well as her knees.

"What happened baby girl?" He asked his daughter sweetly.

She sobbed and tried to catch her breath and said, "I fell."

"Aw baby." He said looking at her and putting on a frown. Tears welled back up in her eyes as she looked again at her scratched up hands and buried her face into his chest.

Noah lifted her up and carried her to the car where we had the first aid kit. I grabbed his phone and my book and followed behind them.

He gave her to me momentarily and I set her on my lap in the drivers seat as I sat sideways facing the open door. I now inspected her hands, her crying had slowed down now. I took a bit off my shirt in my hand and wiped her face.

"It's okay baby daddy's getting bandaids." I told her and kissed her little forehead and tucking some of her stray hairs behind her ears.

"Princess ones?" She said softly.

I laughed a little, "Yes the princess ones baby."

She smiled a little.

Noah came around from the other side of the car with a handful of bandaids.

The cuts weren't that bad but apparently he wanted to make sure he had enough. He wiped away the blood with a wet paper towel he wet with a bottle of water he found in the car. Which she winced at and said it stung. She probably meant it hurt a bit when he touched it. Then he put a couple bandaids on her knees and the palms of her hands. She was happier now since she had bandaids with her favorite princess, Snow white.

"Do you want to go back and play?" Noah asked.

"Yeah!" She said excitedly. Noah smiled and picked her back up and carried her back to the park, sitting back down on the bench that thankfully nobody took while we were gone.

"Be more careful this time okay baby girl."

"Okay daddy." She said with a little nod. He took one of her little hands in his hand and kissed the top of it and sent her on her way.
He leaned back on the bench tilting his head back with a sigh.

"You did a good job babe." I said smiling.

"I sure hope so." He said smiling as well.
We glanced over to where she had run off too and we saw her showing another little girl all her bandaids with a huge smile on her little face.