Henry's Backstory

My friend and I are writing this by the way This is his character's backstory, so he wrote it. I do want to warm you that some of this might not make sense, but PLEASE don't question it, when he puts his mind to something you CAN NOT change it. I hope you enjoy!

- Polar

These monsters don't seem to want to leave me alone. I've come across four different kinds in the month after training with Lupa at the wolf house. The Golden Gate Bridge looms ahead of me, the rest of San Francisco behind it. But I don't have time to take a photo.

I hear inhuman roaring behind me and pick up the pace.

"Where are you half-blood?" it roared. I unsheath my sword. Pure black and razor-sharp, it's made of Stygian iron and takes the soul from monsters' bodies.

I stay quiet and dash over the hill. "Come out so I can tear you apart!" it snarls. No thanks, I think. 0ver the hill I can see the entrance to Camp Jupiter, but this monster is fast. It could probably take me down in half a second. Suddenly, a light bulb went off in my head. I concentrate on a spot opposite my hill. I hear a deep rumbling in the earth. I hear five skeletons burst out of the ground in that spot and start attacking the monster. "Think you can hide behind those warriors?" the monster says laughing "I can take them down in ten seconds!" I mentally commanded them to split in different directions and throw their spears.

They obeyed me of course, I don't know why. Maybe they have no choice or maybe they don't want to make my dad mad. THUNK, THUNK, THUNK! I snapped back to reality and slowly started climbing up the hill.

The monster was a manticore and, dear reader, they are not fun. They have amazing accuracy in flinging spikes at 300 mph, which is fast in case you don't know.

It had already taken down one of my warriors and was going after another. I crept down the hill quietly hoping that it was too distracted to notice me

It cried out in triumph as the last warrior went down, "Come out and face me cowardly demigod!" it screamed at the hill where the skeletons had come from.

"Uh, you're looking the wrong way," I said. The manticore turned around to strike but I was faster, I brought my sword down on the creature's head and it exploded into dust.

I turned the sword over three times and it flipped back into a black fidget toy called the "infinity cube". I slipped it back into my pocket and headed to the tunnel.

When I made it to the "Maintenance tunnel" A.K.A the entrance to Camp Jupiter, I saw two guards. "Hello," I said. They unsheathed their swords. They probably think that I'm a monster.

"Hey, it's okay, I'm just a demigod here," I said cautiously. "We'll need to see a recognition letter," they said without much expression. I handed it over. One of the guards read aloud...

Henry Carlston, Unknown, Godly suggestion: Mars. "So you're unclaimed," he said "Yeah, you can go in now"

I walked through the tunnel and saw a fantastic sight. Camp Jupiter stretched ahead with New Rome behind it. I walked on the bridge leading over the Little Tiber and headed to the forum playing around with my infinity cube but taking care not to turn it into a sword.

I walked to the border but just as my foot crossed the line a statue of an armless man waist-high burst into existence and yelled "What do you think you're doing young sir!" I yelped and dropped my fidget toy. "Weapons are not permitted past the Pomerian line!" he yelled. "Sorry Terminus!" I said hastily "I just got here and I forgot about that rule" Terminus is the god of borders and boundaries and he guards New Rome's border. "That's no excuse" he scoffed. "I know," I said "It's just, jeez you scared me". "Hmph, well of course I did," he said proudly "But put the weapon in the tray" A little girl ran up beside Terminus with a tray and I set my weapon on the tray, and with another "Hmph," he popped away.

About an hour later, praetor Hazel decided that I would go with cohort three because "They are running low on recruits" and as I turned to leave everyone gasped. I turned around and noticed that they were staring at me. No not at me, at something above me. I looked up to see a black owl icon floating above my head. "The barn owl," Hazel gasped "A sign of Pluto"

I do not know how to feel about this, I feel a lot of emotions right now. "That's the second big three children this year!" a centurion yelled. "Yeah, he's the first one after the incident" someone yelled back. "He means me," a brown-haired kid with freckles said right next to me "I'm a child of Jupiter" "So I'm guessing there's no club for big 3 children" I joked, "No, but there should be," he said.

I walked out of the building and headed to the third cohort. Along the way, I heard people whispering about me:

"...Child of Pluto."
"Second one this year..."

"Jeez, what did we do to make Fortuna mad."

"Aren't sons of Pluto supposed to be creepy"

"He IS creepy"

"He looks kind of hot"

Okay, I made that last one up. Later in the afternoon, I headed over to the Pluto temple. Nearby construction was going on for new temples dedicated to minor gods. A kid in my cohort told me a guy named Jason vowed to build temples for all the minor gods that never get much attention. But Jason died and the legion thought that it was best to carry out his last wishes. I snuck past the construction site and crept into the Pluto temple. I pulled out the pomegranate I had brought and set it on the altar with a burger. Hey, even the gods probably crave fast food sometimes. I said "Hey Pluto, I guess that you're my dad so thanks for that sword you gave me. I never knew you were my godly parent so I could never thank you" I started to walk out of the door. But at the last second, I paused and said sarcastically "Oh yeah, thanks for claiming me today, it was awesome" As I left I thought I could hear deep laughing, but as I got farther from the Pluto temple, I swear it became more female like and much more devious.