Emmitt's Backstory

Constructive criticism welcome!

It should be just over that hill. Yeah mom, really helpful! Please note the sarcasm in that. The wolf house was not right over the hill!

I didn't know what my mom was doing, (My two best guesses were that she was telling me to get lost, or wanted me to get some fresh air) or why she got nervous when she started walking back to the house.

"Stupid nature hike, I don't even find wolves interesting. Why would I want to see their house?" I said to myself as I walked further from the hill.

The trees around me got thicker, making me realize I was lost.

I sighed, sat down, and opened my backpack. There was a granola bar, and a banana, for food, and-wow a surprise!

A folded envelope with writing on the front that said Recognition letter.

"Got one of those too, huh?" a voice said behind me.

I whipped around to find a girl with mocha-colored skin and dark brown hair.

"My name's Lucia Flores, yours?" she said

"Emmit Day, nice to meet you, Lucia," I responded.

My attention snaps back to the letter in my hand. I slowly open it, finding dark writing that says:

Emmit Day, Legacy of Mars, and Daughter of Apollo.

Godly suggestion: Apollo and Mars

I think for a second, then burst out laughing. Lucia looks at me weirdly.

"You think it's a joke, don't you?" "Sorry, but Mars and Apollo are two Roman gods, this has to be a joke!" I told her.

"Mine says something similar," Lucia said, pulling out her letter.

Lucia Flores, Daughter of Ceres.

Godly Suggestion: Ceres

¨If the gods of ancient Rome are real, wouldn't they be mad if you insulted them?" Lucia asked.

I wracked my brain for information from 6th and 7th-grade history.

The only things I could come up with were that they were extremely close to Greek gods and that they were kinda judgmental.

"I guess, let's find this wolf house or whatever it's called," I told her.

"You don't need to anymore," A deep voice said behind us. I whipped around to find a large she-wolf and her pack staring at Lucia and me.

My mouth dropped open.

The She-wolf turned around and quickly walked back to where she came from.

Lucia and I scrambled to catch up, following a wisp of a silver tail in front of us.

The She-Wolf led us to her "House". (It wasn't really a house, just a bunch of ruins actually) There we learned three things:

The she-wolf's name was LupaShe wasn't a nice wolf.It was uncommon for 2 half-bloods to train at once

The next month went by in a blur: 3 weeks of getting ambushed by wolves and 1 week of trying to find where Lupa hid my snacks. After the month, Lupa gave us instructions for when, and if, we got to Camp Jupiter:

Stay alive until you reach Canterlot tunnel, when you do, give your recognition letter to the guards there, and they will hopefully let you in.

She also said that she hid some weapons along routes.

(That wolf REALLY liked hiding things, I didn't find my snacks by the way)

With that Lucia and I were on our way.

We encountered only 5 monsters in the first 3 weeks! I know it was impressive, but we were without weapons for 4 of them.

On the fifth, we had found a bow and arrow and scimitars two days before, but we weren't very skilled. The last day we were on the road was when all chaos broke loose.

Lucia had asked for directions to the Caldcot tunnel from a tall guy in a ✨Fancy business suit✨which turned out to be a wrong move because he turned out to be a young hungry cyclops that chased us all the way down the street.

When we finally killed him we took a bus to a stop near the tunnel, but a sussy-looking guy turned out to be a manticore who SUMMONED HIS FRIENDS TO KILL US!

I did not know that monsters could do that by the way.

Fun Fact about me: I am not a fast runner.

So while Lucia bolted for the tunnel, I was busy trying not to die from manticore spikes.

"Hurry up will you!" Lucia shouted, "Trying *pant* I can't*pant* freaking *pant* run!" I stammered back to her.

We led the Manticores astray with just enough time to get to the tunnel and get in before it was too late. We made it to the tunnel, Lucia trying to get the water bottle away from me, and encountered two guards.

Their helmets rested on the inside of the tunnel, implying that it had been a boring day.

One had grayish-brown hair, olive skin, sharp features, and held a- was that a shadow sword?

The other had softer features, light brown hair, tan skin, a freckled face, and was holding a gold sword.

"Hello!" the one with the gold sword said way too cheerily.

"Matthew, don't greet them like that! They could be monsters!" The other one said gazing at Lucia and me.

Matthew looked at us with an uncertain face. Lucia was raising her eyebrow and rummaging through my bag(Probably looking for the recognition letters.) and I was heroically laying face down on the grass because my legs failed me.

"We have these, Lupa told us to give them to the guards," Lucia said, handing them our recognition letters.

"Which one's Emmit?" The unnamed guard said.

I popped up behind Lucia and said "Here" "Aha, and that means your Lucia?" Lucia nodded.

"I'm Henry, Son of Pluto."

"And I'm Matthew, Son of Jupiter!"

Just then a chorus of roars arose behind us.

Henry cursed in Latin. "Come on, we'll show you around."

We followed the guards deeper into the tunnel and came out in a green clearing.

Henry stepped into it but stopped and said, "I feel like I'm forgetting something..."

"YOU ARE YOUNG MAN,"

I screamed and jumped on Lucia, who stared at the thing in awe, followed by Matthew knocking us down.

Henry jumped back just as the thing said: "No weapons beyond the Pomerian line son of Pluto!"

Henry turned to our little pile, and after telling Matthew that he was a coward, said to Lucia and me that this was Terminus, the god of boundaries and the security system of Camp Jupiter.

We met the praetors, Frank and Hazel, who were dating. (FRAZEL FOREVER)

Lucia and I joined the third cohort because "They are running low on recruits" and tomorrow we would join some of the new recruits in orientation.

Lucia and I went to our bunks along with Henry and Matthew because apparently, they were in charge of us now.

I went to bed with an uneasy feeling in my mind, but little did I know that that uneasy feeling was certain deities of chaos choosing their next little heroes.