Chapter 1: Rome Takes a Little Swim

Henry P.O.V

It was a sunny day in Camp Jupiter and the Field of Mars, perfect for a game of fortress death ball.

You may have heard of Fortress death ball from other campers, but it's a blast, if you haven't heard of it let me tell you what it is.

Basically, two forts are set up opposite each other with five catapults on the walls. These catapults shoot death balls, which are these soccer ball-sized bronze balls that do all sorts of crazy things, like explode or spread fire. There are kinds of players, infiltrators, and defenders. Infiltrators try to get into the opposite base, which is five hundred feet away, grab the flag, and make it back to the side they were on, defenders have to try to stop the infiltrators by shooting them with death balls.

Today was the day we got to play it, we spent weeks preparing.

My job is a defender and I took the catapult on the far right in the base with cohorts three through five.

The horn blew, eagles soared overhead, and the game began.

I watched as our infiltrators ran out to meet the opposite side.

I put a fart ball (a ball that spews smelly gas) into the catapult and fired it at the other team's defenders.

"That will keep them from firing on us for a while," I thought.

"Nice!" said Matthew grinning "You gassed them".

"That makes it sound like he farted," said Emmit smirking.

"Yeah, it kinda does, Emmit. Wait, aren't you supposed to be infiltrating?" I said accusingly

"I just was," she said defensively "I just got knocked back by an explosion and an eagle thought I was hurt and carries me up here"

I raised an eyebrow. She sighed "Fine. Vito scared me and I ran back here."

She started to head down the stairs.

"And the other teams' defenders are recovering from your atomic fart," she said.

I sighed and turned to see that she was right and that the enemy defenders were getting back up and firing at us.

I noticed that the sky was clouding but I didn't pay too much attention to it. I mean, what's a little rain going to do to affect today?

I watched as vines circled around an enemy infiltrator and I smiled, knowing that that was probably the work of Lucia, Daughter of Ceres and a friend of Emmit.

It started to rain, and I started to worry. Would it happen again? I thought.

I kept on firing death balls and trying not to hit my allies.

It was really coming down now, and I was really worrying. I noticed that the Little Tiber's water level was rising.

Then, water burst out of a pipe under the fort, drenching us in water.

People started to run back to the barracks to find high ground. Me well, I had just got hit in the face with water so I was in shock. But that shock didn't last for long.

I ran down the stairs of the fort holding my sword (I really need to name it, something cool like Nightslicer or something) and saw Emmit running to the other team's fort.

"What are you doing!" I screamed over the howling wind.

"Winning the game!" she yelled back

"You know they won't count it!"

"Maybe they will, maybe they won't!"

"I'll summon the dead!"

"Yeah right!"

I fumed at how stubborn she was being. A slightly evil idea popped into my head. "Hey, Lucia!" I called "Create some vines to force her over here!"

"That won't be necessary," said a booming voice as loud as thunder

Then the rain and water stopped.

Not slowed down, not started to stop, it just stopped. It was as though the voice had commanded the storm to leave.

That was the only clue to what happened next

"I am Salicia," said the voice and I turned around to see a woman walking toward us "Bride of Neptune, and we need to talk

ya know what happened? Right after Henry told me he finished his chapter and I went to write mine, I got writer's block. So it might be a while before you get another chapter.