Chapter 2: We Visit the Tattoo Parlor of Destiny

Emmit p.o.v

Well, at least I tried to win.

I admit it, very few things scare me in life, but the sea? That's something I will never mess with.

So when Salicia popped up and was like "Hey everyone! I'm married to Neptune and I need to talk with everyone here!" that freaked me out.

Salicia led us back to the barracks(us meaning Henry, Lucia, and I dragging Enzo away from the fort unconscious) and stopped near the Prators. Everyone bowed and I followed their example.

"You have noticed the oceans are acting up correct?" Salicia boomed.

The Prators nodded

"Lady Salicia if this has anything to do with the gods going silent again, please tell me you're here to send someone else on a quest. No offense, we just want a little..." Prator Frank thought for a second "Time off I guess."

Salicia nodded "There is a new threat at hand, and new threats need new people."

The goddess surveyed the crowd of demigods and legacies.

She settled on someone and said: "Henry Carlston, Son of Pluto, step forward."

The crowd of demigods parted and out stepped Henry in all his Pluto-y-ness.

Pluto-y-ness.

That's definitely a word.

I felt a tug on my sleeve. I looked to my side and saw Aliyah, Daughter of Pax and Legacy of Flora.

She had expresso skin, and dark red hair that was in curly space buns.

I sighed. It was hard not to stare at her but I realized she was trying to tell me something.

Aliyah tapped my shoulder and a sharp pain shot through it.

I sucked in a breath when I looked at it.

Apparently, I had been so distracted with Salicia, that I hadn't noticed my ax had cut into my shoulder blade.

I carefully tried to remove it but realized it was hopeless to do without hitting someone around me.

I sighed and turned back to Henry and Salicia.

Salicia was telling Henry that a goddess named Discordia had gained extra power from Pluto knows where and that she could give him and his two quest mates the general location in which Discordia had been last spotted.

(I have to say, Salicia was pretty helpful, I've heard stories of Mars showing up and setting his son and some others on a quest with almost no information.)

Henry kept a poker face for most of the conversation but looked almost speechless when Salicia asked him who his quest mates were to be.

I'd think he'd pick Matthew, or Enzo, heck even his sister Hazel.

"Lucia Flores, and Emmit Day." Henry said confidently.

I looked at him shocked. Sure we were friends, but we weren't jump into the closest near-death experience friends.

Salicia nodded and called Lucia and me forward.

I stepped out of the crowd and felt Aliyah grab my ax.

I winced but kept going, ignoring the sharp pain in my shoulder.

Salicia asked for everyone to go back to their cohorts, assuring them that we would return in a few minutes.

Hazel and Frank told us to meet them at New Rome's borders tomorrow after morning training.

Now alone, Salicia pulled Lucia aside and talked to her for a minute.