Chapter 4-Two Very Familiar People Pop Up And Scare The Hades' Out Of Me

"HENRY!" I screamed as I watched the Gryphon carry my friend away.

He shouted something but it was lost in the wind. It was probably something rude by the look on his face.

Lucia took out her bow and shot an arrow, but she was too far away.

Just as we were about to lose sight of him, another arrow hit the wing of the monster.

Then another, and another, and another until the Grypon dropped out of the sky at an alarming speed.

Lucia screamed but Henry had stupid quick thinking got him out of meeting his father.

Or at least for now.

That stupid Son of Pluto had shadow-traveled again!

A second later Henry appeared a few feet away from us.

He tried to take a step but immediately fell over.

I grumbled as I shoved Ambrosia in his mouth a little too hard. Henry coughed and glared at me when he opened his eyes. He sat up and shoved me away, no doubt to try and stop the lecture coming his way when rustling from the trees nearby caught our attention.

Henry and I looked at each other and reached for our weapons.

"Don't!" Lucia yelled at us.

I turned to her, confused.

She took a deep breath and began explaining.

"Arrows hit the Gryphon, causing it to fall," she stated "They weren't mine and had incredible aim. There were a lot of them too."

Lucia gave me a side glare. "Remind you of anyone?"

"Uh..."

The trees rustled again as I searched for an answer.

"My...siblings who can shoot?" I asked.

"Nope!" a voice from behind me said and I was suddenly pulled into a hug so tight it felt like a chokehold on the stomach.

All I could see was a blur of colors as my body crashed to the ground.

As I regained composition, (and lost it again after I saw who hugged me) I was stunned to see the face staring back at me.

She had Asian features, dark hair that was pulled into a halo braid, and a huge smile on her face.

Her dark golden eyes peered into mine.

I felt my smile growing as I said: "Well I wasn't all wrong!" I hugged my (half) sister, not feeling even a little weird with all the bystanders staring.

If you must know, the person who practically tackled me is one of my favorite siblings: Jacqueline Nguyen.

We went to middle school together and even carried through to freshman year, but one day she just disappeared.

Her mom told me she was visiting family, along with her twin (Jesse).

I took that as closure(not), but I couldn't get a hold of her so that added to my worries.

Around the time I got my gift from Dad, I also got a letter.

It had my name on it so I'm pretty sure it was for me, (trust me, I am the only Emmitt at camp with that spelling) and when I opened it, it was a heartfelt letter from Anonymous.

But I recognized the handwriting, so taking a leap of faith, I Iris Messaged my old friend that evening.

Long story short, it was her, so that saved an embarrassing moment and a long explanation.

After thanking Jackie profusely, I turned my attention to her hunting companions.

See, Jacqueline had always disappeared every summer, but she'd always come back.

When I IM'd her, I found out she had joined the Hunters of Artemis (after some heartbreak back at the Greek camp).

With her was a girl with short choppy black hair and pale skin, a huntress I recognized as former Praetor Reyna and a girl with brown skin and butterfly braids.

The girl with black hair introduced herself as Thalia, daughter of Zeus, and the girl with butterfly braids as Alexandra, a daughter of Tyche from the 1960s.

Artemis had sensed something strange around the area,(could've just been my step-sister's dirty clothes, girl has free laundry yet she doesn't use it often.) so the four of them were sent out to investigate.

We went back to their campsite so our group could explain and rest.

Reyna gave some of her energy to Henry,(a Bellona thing I guess) and I caught up with my sister.

We told the huntresses about our quest and they said they would try to help in any way.

Lucia and Henry started talking to Reyna and Jackie and I went to take a walk.

It was silent most of the time, but we appreciated each other's company.

We walked for a bit, but on the way back to their camp, a rustling kept following us.

"Don't look back," Jackie whispered "It could be a monster."

I nodded, then immediately looked back on instinct.

"WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!?" My sister yelled in my face.

"I DON'T KNOW," I yelled back "IMPULSIVE THINKING."

We then proceeded to run back to camp at full speed, only to hear the rustling once more.

We burst into the clearing, panting and gaining looks of suspicion and confusion from our friends.

"What happened?" Thalia asked, her eyebrows high.

"Monster-I think," I panted "Not sure though."

The rustling, who at this point I've named Julian for some reason, appeared again.

We all grabbed our weapons, and aimed them at the bush it was emiting from.

"Don't shoot!" A panicked but familer voice came out.

"No way..." Lucia said, lowering her bow.

So remember when I said the rustling's name was Julian?

Yeah I was wrong, his name was apparently Matthew now.