Betrayal and Departure

Ominous POV
Stephanie's world shattered as she sat in the dimly lit living room of the two-bedroom unit she shared with Miller. They had dreams of starting a family, but Stephanie's battle with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) made it an uphill struggle. The silence in the room hung heavy after Miller's retreat, a silence that mirrored the turmoil within Stephanie.

Betrayal had become an all-too-familiar emotion for her. In their seven-year relationship, Miller had cheated twice, a fact Stephanie knew all too well. Their history stretched back a decade, a time when Stephanie had escaped from a physically and emotionally abusive relationship, marked by its own painful betrayals. How could Miller, who knew the depth of Stephanie's past wounds, inflict this pain on her again, this time involving her own sister, Shelly?

The clandestine nature of Miller and Shelly's relationship left Stephanie in disbelief. She had introduced them a year after they became friends, and they had concealed their affair so masterfully that she had laughed at their deception. Now, with her bags packed, Stephanie faced the daunting task of figuring out where to go next. She contemplated leaving everything behind in the kitchen and starting fresh, purchasing what she needed when the time was right.

Desperate to escape her current situation, Stephanie reached out to her cousin, Rushawn, affectionately known as Blacks. He was a towering figure at 6 feet, with a muscular build that reflected his ownership of a construction company. The Jamaican patois flowed effortlessly between them, a connection to their heritage that her father disapproved of, emphasizing the importance of speaking standard English.

As she waited for Blacks to arrive, Miller mustered an apology, but Stephanie chose not to acknowledge him. The sound of a horn outside signaled Blacks' arrival with his friend Trey, a former close friend of Stephanie's who had been pushed away due to Miller's insecurities. Trey, too, had thrived, owning his own accounting firm.

When Stephanie finally opened the door to her cousin, the tension in the room was palpable. She explained her abrupt departure, leaving everyone in stunned silence. The chapter unfolds, weaving together a tapestry of betrayal, resilience, and the bonds that would sustain Stephanie through this tumultuous journey.

Author Note
Regarding ominous/ narrator POV it will be a while before we have this Pov. Let me know your thoughts on that Pov though.