The Proposal

Trey POV

Asking Mr. Robinson for Stephanie hand in marriage was a moment I had both longed for and dreaded. The weight of that request bore down on me as I sat across from him, my nervousness hidden behind a façade of composure.

Mr. Robinson's response was a blend of solemnity and warmth. He offered his blessing, accompanied by invaluable advice - a solemn reminder of the responsibility that lay ahead. He spoke of the affection he knew I held for Stephanie, a sentiment that had been silently nurtured since our shared childhood.

With his blessing echoing in my thoughts, I set about orchestrating a proposal that would be etched in our memories forever. Wicki Wackie Beach, with its golden sands and the sun's final, fiery descent on the horizon, became the canvas for this momentous occasion. I aimed to create a tableau of love and commitment against the backdrop of nature's awe-inspiring beauty. It was a daunting task, but one I was more than willing to undertake for the love of my life, Stephanie.

The momentous day had finally arrived, and I couldn't contain my excitement. With a steady hand, I composed a text message to Stephanie, informing her of our date at Wickie Wackie Beach. The weight of the impending proposal rested on my shoulders as I hit send, hoping for a positive response.

Her bold "yes" in reply filled me with a surge of joy and anticipation. The wheels were in motion, and our journey towards marriage had officially begun.

As I pulled up to her place, there she stood, a vision of beauty in her white jeans shorts and a matching white tube top, a beach bag in hand. Her smile illuminated the surroundings, and for a moment, I felt like the luckiest man in the world.

The drive to Wickie Wackie Beach was accompanied by the rhythmic beats of dancehall and reggae music, our voices melding with the melodies as we sang along. Inside, nerves churned, but I fought to conceal them, not wanting to reveal the proposal that lay ahead. Today, the beach and the music bore witness to a love story reaching its pinnacle, and nothing was going to dampen my spirits.

Stephanie POV

As the sun began its descent towards the horizon, Trey arrived, his presence as striking as ever. He donned a crisp white polo shirt paired with black denim pants and pristine white Adidas sneakers, exuding an air of undeniable charm. Our journey to Wickie Wackie Beach unfolded over the course of 45 minutes, serenaded by the rhythms of music playing softly in the background.

Upon our arrival, the beach was bathed in a warm, golden glow, and the ambiance was nothing short of enchanting. To the right, a romantic picnic setup beckoned, complete with flickering candlelight and an air of quiet intimacy. A couple sat there, their backs turned as they engaged in hushed conversation.

"That setup looks lovely," I remarked, my eyes drawn to the idyllic scene. Trey glanced over and gestured for us to approach. "Trey, we can't. It's their arrangement," I cautioned, hesitant to intrude.

"I'm sure they won't mind," he reassured me with a mischievous grin.

As we approached, Trey confidently approached the couple. "Hello, my girlfriend loves this setup. Can we take some pictures here?" he asked. With a swift turn, the couple revealed themselves to be Blacks and Cindy, who burst into laughter. Playfully, I swatted Trey on the arm. "You knew it was them!" I exclaimed, and we shared a hearty laugh.

Blacks and Cindy made their way down to the beach, leaving Trey and me alone in our secluded corner. We settled on the soft sand, the rhythmic lull of the waves providing a soothing backdrop to our conversation.

"Stephanie, you are a remarkable woman," Trey began, his eyes reflecting a deep affection. "Though we haven't officially cemented our relationship, I want you to know that I am in this for the long haul."

"Trey, you are everything to me," I interjected, my heart swelling with emotion.

He continued, "You have been and will always be everything to me." With a graceful movement, he knelt down before me, revealing a stunning diamond-cut ring. My surprise was matched only by the overwhelming love that had blossomed between us, mirroring the sunset's radiant display.

"Stephanie, will you marry me?" he asked, his voice trembling with sincerity. Overwhelmed with joy, I leaped into his arms, sealing my answer with a passionate kiss - a resounding "yes" to a future filled with love, commitment, and endless sunsets together.

The evening was aglow with warmth and congratulations as Blacks and Cindy celebrate our engagement. After exchanging heartfelt felicitations, we reveled in the cool embrace of the ocean waves and engaged in spirited rounds of board games.

We savored the delectable Popeyes chicken that Trey had thoughtfully brought along.

In the midst of our seaside gathering, Blacks and Cindy generously shared the captivating tale of their own love story, shedding light on the secrets to nurturing their relationship, especially with the anticipation of a child on the horizon. Their wisdom and love were truly inspiring, leaving an indelible mark on our hearts.

As the night gently descended, we bid our dear friends farewell, feeling enriched by their presence. During the tranquil drive homeward, Trey and I held hands, serenaded by the timeless melodies of old R&B songs. The air was filled with the sweet notes of our harmonious voices, and I found myself lost in the enchantment of the moment, overwhelmed by bliss.

Amidst our journey, my father's face lit up my phone screen, and I eagerly displayed the engagement ring to him, cherishing his heartfelt congratulations. It was a touching moment, bridging the distance between us.

Before the night was through, I reached out to Trey's mother, promising her a visit in the near future. The evening had been a whirlwind of love and connection, setting the stage for the exciting journey that lay ahead.

Though our time spent dating may not have been extensive, and to some, it might seem rather hasty, the truth remains that Trey and I have shared a significant history. My affection for him runs deep, and I only wish I had recognized his presence as something more than that of a friend much earlier.

Upon returning home, we both freshened up before heading out to enjoy a memorable evening of karaoke, followed by an intimate dinner. During this time, we shared stories and dreams, openly discussing our desires for the future, including how we envisioned our wedding.

Upon our arrival at the apartment complex, four hours had swiftly passed, leaving us in a state of bliss. Trey, the love of my life, graciously escorted me to my doorstep, where we surrendered to a passionate kiss, fully aware that it was prudent to stop before matters escalated any further. We exchanged heartfelt goodbyes and retreated to our respective apartments.

Crossing the threshold into my home, I couldn't help but feel like an exuberant teenager returning from a memorable date. In the second bedroom, I prepared a soothing bubble bath, enriched with the fragrance of passion fruit body shower gel. As my clothes gently fell to the floor, I immersed myself in the warm embrace of the tub, finding solace not only in the water and soap but also in the memories of this unforgettable evening.

A jubilant declaration escaped my lips as I soaked in the bath: "I am engaged!" Though the house remained devoid of response, I felt an overwhelming sense of gratitude and blessing for not only having a best friend but a life partner in Trey.

Author Note

Hope you are all enjoying the story. 💕💕💕