Best Of Friends

**Trey's POV**

Upon arriving at my apartment, located on the third floor, I opted to use the elevator. Instead of punching in the access code, I simply let the scanner scan my thumbprint, granting me entry. My apartment boasts three bedrooms, each with its unique features. A bedroom with a balcony can be accessed through the living room, while my personal bedroom offers exclusive privacy.

The moment I stepped inside, the open-concept kitchen greeted me on the right, its white walls contrasting elegantly with the grey cupboards and floating shelves in the living room. The residence also features two full bathrooms and an additional half-bath. The intention behind purchasing this property a year ago was to create a welcoming home for a special someone. However, as of yet, I've not had the opportunity to invite anyone other than family and friends.

I proceeded into one of the bathrooms, which held both a bathtub and a small Jacuzzi. After a refreshing shower, I dressed in black boxers, a white t-shirt, and red shorts. I prepared an extra set of clothing, placing joggers, a black t-shirt, and an additional pair of boxers in my knapsack. My trusty black Crocs stood ready by the door. With a hint of Versace cologne and a generous application of cocoa butter lotion, I felt ready for the evening.

I collected the Crocs and made my way to the kitchen, where I gathered snacks for our drive. Two cranberry juices and two bottles of water, along with some chips and cheese curls, were stashed in a lunch kit. The plan was to enjoy a night at the beach, and it was approximately 6:30 pm when I headed out to my black Range Rover. Before departing, I sent a text to Black, letting him know I had snacks and inquiring if he needed anything. His response indicated that he and Cindy would be staying home due to her not feeling her best, so I acknowledged his message . I drove to his house to pick up Stephanie so that we could set off for our evening adventure.

**Stephanie's Perspective**

After indulging in a refreshing coconut-scented bath, I emerged feeling rejuvenated. I carefully selected a sleek, one-piece black bathing suit and paired it with a knee-length white dress. The red Tory Burch sandals completed my outfit, and I fashioned my natural hair into a neat bun.

Ensuring I had all the necessary undergarments and toiletries neatly packed in my black bag, I made my way to the living room where Blacks and Cindy were engrossed in watching TV. I raised an inquisitive eyebrow, prompting Cindy to explain, "Unfortunately, I'm not feeling well, Hun, so you and Trey go ahead and enjoy your time." I nodded in understanding.

As I was about to depart, I overheard Blacks mutter to Cindy, "I hope Trey doesn't squander his opportunities." Cindy responded with a playful rebuke, "Hush, she can hear you." Unbeknownst to them, I heard their exchange loud and clear, and I couldn't help but ponder the implications of "ruining chances."