Uhm, Wait What?

I had been sitting here for quite a little minute before I realized that I was staring at him with my mouth slightly open.

I couldn't believe it. My principal knows my grandparents. But how?

Right before he could look up and make eye contact, I hurried and fixed my face and looked in the other direction. Not long after that my grandma called me into the kitchen.

*********************

In The Kitchen

Grandma POV

Mhhm hmm. My granddaughter thought she was slick, but I caught her. I know that she's confused because her principal is in our house, but that didn't stop her from getting all googly eyed over him. I saw it and called her in the kitchen to talk to her.

"Yes grandma" ? Jessica asked once we got settled at the island in the kitchen.

"Baby how've you been doing? I know moving here with me and your grandfather is probably not what you wanted to happen". I said looking her in the face, trying to read her.

She took a deep breath before answering. "Actually grandma, I'm happy I'm here with you guys. I think I could get used to living here". She said calmly.

"Well that's good. You know that we're glad to have you here, well mostly me. Your grandfather works my nerves like no other. But I love him. Him and that bald head". I replied, smiling and looking down at my wedding ring.

"Alright granny, don't let papa hear you talking about his head cause when he come for those toes I can't help you". She said laughing, which also made me laugh.

Times like this make me wonder why my son doesn't come visit us. I guess him and Charlotte are so busy that they forgot about their family. I'm just glad they stopped leaving my grand baby behind and brought her somewhere she could enjoy herself. Now back to the real reason I called her in here.

"So Jess were you alright in the living room a few minutes ago"? I asked even though I already knew what the answer was gonna be like.

"Yes ma'am. I was just caught off guard by something". She muttered looking at the wall, thinking I guess.

"Something or someone"? I asked with my voice filled with curiosity.

"Can't get anything by you huh grandma"? She asked chuckling a bit. "Soooo what's my principal doing in our living room"? She asked looking up at me.

*********************

Sorry readers, I know it's really really short, but I just wanted to get a little something up here.

Excuse the mistakes.

✌🏽😗