Questions, Questions, Questions

Jessica POV

As I waited patiently for grams to answer my question, my mind drifted off and I started to ask myself questions.

Why are they so comfortable with him?
Did Mrs. Jackson snitch on me for talking in her class? Na, she gave me a warning. But what other reason could he be here? Oh no! Noooo. What if we're related. Gross, especially after all those thoughts I had earlier at school.

I was so wrapped up in my thoughts that I didn't hear my grandma tell me why he was here.

"Sorry grams, my mind was somewhere else. Can you say that again"? I asked her as she walked across the room to the refrigerator.

She pulled out three eggs and closed it back.

"He's here because he's joining us for dinner". She said turning to look at me for a moment.

"Yeah but what's the reason"? I asked going over to the pantry and grabbing the flour, salt, sugar, baking soda, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and vegetable oil.

I took it over to where she was beating the eggs and sat them on the counter. I leaned on the counter and watched her, waiting.

"Sweetheart why don't you go in there and tell your grandfather to come here for just a moment." She asked placing the fruit and walnuts next to the bowl.

I mentally sighed but still walked to the living room to get my grandfather.

I stood in the hallway for a quick minute and prepared myself for whatever might happen and then went in.

*****************************
In The Living Room

Jessica POV

"Papa, grams want you in the kitchen for a minute." I told him after they stopped talking.

He looked up to the ceiling, mumbled some words, and turned to look at Mr. Carter and told him that he would be back in a few minutes.

I guess Mr. Carter heard what he said because he let out a low, sexy chuckle and nodded his head.

Right when my grandpa walked out I turned on my heels to follow him but I was stopped. By Him.

"Hey, where are you going?" He asked.

I turned around, looked at him and said "With my grandparents." I started for the kitchen again when he said something else that made me stop.

"Why don't you stay in here with me? Don't you wanna get to know your principal? Maybe ask me a few questions since you're new to my school." He asked and even though my back was turned I just knew he was probably smirking.

I thought about it and decided that I would ask him a few questions, but it wasn't gonna be about school.

"Alright." I said turning around and sitting cross cross apple sauce in papa's favorite chair, but not before slipping my black timbs off. I then turned my whole body in his direction and cut my eyes at him.

"What's your first name?" I asked still cutting my eyes at him. I wasn't mad or upset or anything. I just didn't wanna make it obvious that I was checking him out. He wasn't wearing his suit anymore, he was wearing some Nike sweat pants and a white t- shirt along with some black and white Nike slides.

If I wasn't looking so mean I would've drooled all over my lap by now, and I would like to thank whatever company that made his shirt because this is an amazing moment for me. But I'm not gonna let him know that.

"Maceon." He said still smirking.

I rolled my eyes and turned my attention to the TV, mumbling an "okay".

Maceon Carter.

********************

In The Kitchen

Grams POV

"Honey she asked about Maceon." I told my husband as I poured the batter into the pans and slid them into the oven.

I went to the sink and washed my hands and dried them with a paper towel. I turned to look at my husband and he had his eyebrows furrowed which told me he was thinking.

"Well what did you say?" He asked.

"I just told her he was here for dinner." I said walking over to the fridge, grabbing a water bottle.

He ran his hand over his bald head, clearly frustrated. He laid his head on the counter and when he lifted up his head he looked like he was going to cry. He then looked up at me as his face was turning red and asked
"D-do you think she, uhh, do you think she uhh." He stopped to clear his throat and took a deep breath. "Do you think she likes him?" He asked with a frightened expression on his face.

I tried so hard not to laugh because the only time I've seen him like this, was when he was asking my father for his permission to marry me.

"I don't know sweetheart." I said giving him a comforting hug.

*****************************

✌🏽️😗
comment and vote.
sorry for any mistakes.