Sweeter weather

Kinn didn't hear from Porsche for almost more than a week after he went on his business trip. And when he did hear, it wasn't Porsche.

He was in a meeting when all of a sudden Arm barged in with worry etched all over his face. He knew Arm or any other bodyguard would never dare to interrupt him while he was in important meetings until it was extremely urgent, so if they did, it was a sign that something was wrong.

"Khun Porsche suddenly collapsed today morning and is now being treated by a doctor."

That was all Kinn needed to hear to rush out after muttering a quick apology to the clients, Arm and the other bodyguards not being too far behind him.

He called Porsche, again and again as he made his way towards his suite, but he didn't pick up. Ofcourse he wouldn't, but Kinn wanted to hope. He just wanted to hear Porsche's voice once, needed to know that he was safe. What if something bad had happened? What if an enemy poisoned him? Kinn would never forgive himself if that ever happened to Porsche, he would never forgive himself for leaving Porsche alone knowing he was in constant danger all the time.

So instead, he hastily made Arm contact one of the bodyguards in the minor family to get them to contact the doctor treating Porsche. It wasn't a while later that Kinn was directly talking to the doctor.

"What's wrong with him? What happened!?" Kinn practically screamed at the doctor. There was a lack of reply from the other side and his sharp ears didn't miss the muffled voices of people talking behind the speaker.

"Who's that, who are you talking to? Is it Porsche? Is he awake? Let me talk to him." Kinn was scared, he was full on going into a panic mode now, the lack of reply only driving him more and more towards the edge.

"Calm down Khun Kinn." The doctor said in a composed tone and Kinn wanted to slap her through the phone. Kinn was anything but calm right now. How could he be calm? He was just told his mate had collapsed out of the blue and no one was telling him anything else. It drove him nuts.

"Khun Porsche is fine. I've checked him and it looks like that he has just caught the flu, probably due to fatigue and the lack of proper sleeping and eating." Kinn doesn't miss the way the doctor's voice becomes a little rigid and taunting towards the end. He could feel it wasn't directed towards him but the patient by the familiar muffled voice he heard behind her every now and then.

So Porsche was there. Kinn sighed in relief and finally let his shoulders slack. Porsche was safe. He was okay.

"It's nothing serious that cannot be treated without a little rest and care."

"That's the problem he doesn't know how to rest. That's the whole reason why he fell sick!" Kinn hadn't meant to say it out loud and so angrily, but he couldn't help himself. He was too distressed for his mate's condition. Just because he wasn't hurt seriously didn't mean that what happened was okay. Porsche had literally exhausted himself so much that his body straight up shut down and collapsed. Not one part of that was okay.

There's again the sound of muffled voices and Kinn swore he heard a low, familiar laughter but he doesn't get time to ponder on it because suddenly Porsche is on the line and Kinn gasps loudly and grips the phone tighter in his hand.

"Kinn." He said with a tired and scratchy voice.

"Porsche! Oh my God Porsche what happened? Are you okay?"

Porsche let out a light chuckle. "I'm fine Kinn."

Kinn couldn't believe it. That bastard was laughing after almost giving him a heart attack.

"You're laughing? Are you kidding me Porsche? Do you think this is funny? Do you have any idea how I worried I was? What if something had happened to you huh? I thought-I thought" Kinn felt his throat choke up with emotions as he slumped down onto the bed, closing his eyes and rubbing his forehead with his free hand.