Chapter 3: Soldier's Love

Issei sat on the roof. His head went to the sky. That went better than he hoped. The girls weren't happy with his job and he doubted that without Jonas's voice of reason, it might have blown up in his face.

"You're okay?"

Speak of the mercenary and he is there. Offering a can of soft drinks, Issei opened it. Jonas didn't like alcohol and he refused to touch it. He needed those things and the sugar went into their system.

"I'm fine. Thanks for asking." Looking up, Issei grinned at Jonas.

"I owe you. I really do." The guy just took a sip and slid down. Patting him on the shoulder, Jonas smiled at him.

"I didn't train you to be killed by your lovers. I can get why they're angry but well, monogamous wasn't a lifestyle we agreed on. The moral complications can fuck off. You do a job, you're good at it." Issei looked at Jonas.

"What do you mean with moral complications?"

"Issei. What you're doing might be frowned upon but after the shit, I have seen, the things you do make you look like a saint." The pause set in and the two shared a look. After some seconds, Issei had one boisterous laugh while Jonas breezed in while he was softer.

"That's a good one."

"I can try. Either way, just between us. Who of them you aren't doing?"

If it was any other guy, Issei might have been furious but he owned the older man a bit too much to blast him off.

"From all of them. I am not doing Irina and Koneko-chan. Not telling you why though." Jonas again gulped down the fizzy drink.

"The Angel I get. The other I don't but no worries. Those were the most well, pissed." Koneko was again giving him the cold shoulder.

"Buchou and Akeno were also not happy. Good thing Raynare-san talked them out of it." Jonas shrugged. There was a lot between his Fallen Angel and Rias' [Queen].

"They'll come around eventually. It's not like you pledge your love to your clients as you did with the Peerage. Asia-chan fainted and Rossweisse-sensei were also a bit shocked. I can't believe how much of a romantic soul they are."

"You don't know half of it. But believe me, Jonas-senpai. In bed, it's one difference."

"Good thing you're a Dragon. Even with my stamina, I run out."

The two boys had reached a point where they could talk without shame. Issei knew he had a sex drive and Jonas looked at relationships with an unbiased view that made it interesting.

"Too much information. I can't believe that Xenovia wanted to see the pictures of them."

"The look at Akeno's face was to die for. I can't believe a woman walks around with tits larger than her. Ray took a picture but she wants you to send her the picture. The other one isn't on the pictures. I think you might like Rika-san. She's a soldier. Like you." Jonas wanted to ask for more but Issei got his hand flaring up.

He made a sigh.

"Looks like I got a new job."

"Good luck with that." The boy finished his drink.

"Do you mind."

"Telling Rias you're back off. Sure. At least, if Rias tries to annihilate me, I can fight back." Jonas laughed but he knew that she wasn't happy. He just hoped that Issei wouldn't neglect his girls. The human would kick his ass if he did.

"What if she does?"

"I wouldn't joke about that. If she does that, you no longer have a [King]" Jonas was right, and both the boys shuddered.