11 | The Kiss

~~~

~~~

Since they had to wait a few minutes for an open table, they took a seat in the waiting area. Colby could see Darwin looking at them so he puts his arm around Penelope's shoulder as she was going through her phone.

"So you guys are doing a shoot together?" Colby tries to start a conversation.

"We did yesterday that's it at the moment." Darwin tells him still eyeing the two as they were called to for their table.

Sitting down Colby sits next to Penelope in the booth while Darwin sits across from them. The three chitchat about small things and Colby could tell Darwin was trying to make a move on Penelope, and she was slightly uncomfortable just because she was fidgeting with her hands. He takes one of her hands into his under the table.

"Oh, sadly in a couple of weeks we leave for New Zealand so I don't think she can make it." Colby speaks up while Darwin tries to get Penelope to join him on a shoot in New York.

"We? I thought you and the guys were just going?" She looks at him confused.

"We were going to surprise you a week before but I thought I'd let you know now before you go making plans."

"You're pulling my leg, right?" She turns her body to face him.

"No, I'm not. Look at our group chat." He gives her his phone to read through the four guys.

"Colby! I'm actually going with y'all?! I love you guys so much!" She wraps her arms around him happily.

"It was your bubba Corey's idea." He lets her know, "And of course, Sam and I were for it and Elton even said he was good with it."

"Again, I love you four so much. Thank you so much."

She hugs him and then kisses his cheek so he pulls her back placing his lips on hers. She was dumbstruck he actually kissed her, "Now, move I gotta use the bathroom before our food comes." He gets up for her to leave.

Penelope was in the bathroom staring into the mirror feeling her stupid feelings for him get stronger while Colby felt the same thing looking at the table.

"You guys are together now?" Darwin glares at Colby.

"Yeah, it's a little secret from everyone." Colby tells him.

"So I had a right to be worried about you with Penelope when we dated." Darwin chuckles.

"Not really. I didn't realize I had feelings for her till our trip and she decided to give it a try." Colby makes up the beginning of the story to him.

"Yeah, I don't believe that shit for a second. No, fucking way. I bet you put words into her head to break up with me in the first place so you could have her. My leftovers." Darwin laughs pissing Colby off. Especially that last sentence.