1 - But now this room is spinning while I'm trying to just fill in all the gaps

No. 1 - "But now this room is spinning while I'm trying to just fill in all the gaps"

Safety Net | Swooning | "How many fingers am I holding up?"

"Michael!" KITT calls out as he races over to his driver and best friend after he's knocked to the ground in his struggle with the guy he was chasing. "Michael!"

The guy they were chasing runs away, and KITT knows very well he can catch him in time and apprehend him somehow until police arrive. But he doesn't find himself caring about that right now.

All he finds himself caring about is Michael's safety. Especially so as it looked as though he had hit his head quite hard on the ground.

And god, does KITT hope that is not going to be a repeat of the last time Michael got knocked unconscious and suffered amnesia. He doesn't have "feelings", he's a computer, he doesn't "feel things". But even still, he absolutely hated seeing Michael in that state. The fact he hadn't even recognized him makes it even worse....

He runs a vital scan on Michael and finds himself relieved when it doesn't appear that Michael has any substantial injuries, but he has been knocked unconscious. And there's every possibility that he's got a concussion as a result.

"Michael?" He asks, attempting to nudge him slightly with the tip of his nose.

But Michael doesn't wake. Which is concerning to him, and there isn't much he can do, except call someone.

So he calls Devon and Bonnie at the semi, explaining to them everything that had happened. Devon doesn't sound too happy that the bad guy got away, but his tone instantly changes as soon as KITT mentions that Michael is hurt.

They tell him that they're on their way, and for him to just keep an eye on Michael, and to make sure he doesn't do anything stupid if he wakes. KITT assures them that he will, before the call ends, and he's left to watch over Michael. All the while keeping his scanners peeled and surveillance mode activated for any danger. Or for the semi approaching their location.

And KITT seriously hopes that Devon and Bonnie aren't going to take too long to reach them. Because realistically, being an AI in the body of a car, there isn't really anything he can do except call for someone, watch over Michael, and keep watch for danger. He can't exactly pick Michael up and set him down inside him on the driver's seat. Is quite impossible for him to do that without arms....

Maybe that's something he could talk Bonnie into making for him. Retractable bionic arms.... It could very well be quite useful if he had those. Even if it would look quite ridiculous to see retractable bionic arms coming out of a car.

But if he could pick stuff up....

He stores the idea away in his data banks for the time being. He'll talk with Bonnie about it sometime. For now, Michael's wellbeing is his main concern.

"Michael, are you alright?" He asks, as Michael shifts around, letting out a pained groan.

"God, what happened?" Michael asks, sitting up slowly and leaning up against KITT's side. He brings a hand up to the side of his head, rubbing at it. "Agh, I have a headache...."

This confirms KITT's suspicion that Michael may have a bit of a concussion.

"Brent Porter knocked you to the ground in your scuffle and got away." KITT explains. "You hit your head quite hard on the ground and were knocked out."

He's not too happy about their suspect, Brent Porter getting away, and he's sure that Michael isn't happy about it either. And he would've gone after him himself and apprehended him until help arrived. But Michael's wellbeing is far more important to him.

And after the last time Michael got knocked unconscious.... Maybe it was just selfish of him to want to stick with Michael and make sure he's okay. And to make sure he's not suffered some form of amnesia again.

Because KITT doesn't want to go through that again. Even though he's quite adamant that he doesn't have "feelings", it had still hurt him to have to watch Michael forget about the life he's lived and had since becoming Michael Knight and his old life as Michael Long was essentially killed. It hurt to see him forget who he was.

"Fuck..." Michael sighs, moving to stand up, but drops right back down to the ground, no doubt dizzy and disoriented.

"I think you may have a concussion, Michael." KITT says. "I think it may be wise for you to stay put for now. Devon and Bonnie are on their way to our location in the semi."

But Michael shakes his head, before groaning in pain once more at the movement. Then he once more stands up slowly, leaning on KITT for support.

"Michael! I highly advise that you're not to stand up in this state!" KITT says.

"I'll be fine, pal." Michael says, fumbling around with KITT's handle, trying to open the door, but gives up as he fails to do so. "Open up, will ya?"

KITT sighs, opening his door as Michael moves out of the way of the door slightly, but still leaning up against him so he doesn't fall, before getting in. Where he's collapsing onto the seat.

"How far did Brent run off?" Michael asks, making a move to start KITT's engine, and drive off.

However, there is no way that KITT is going to let Michael drive off in his current state.

"We aren't going anywhere until Devon and Bonnie get here, Michael." KITT says, as he prevents Michael from starting his engine. "You are in no fit state to be driving."

"I'm fine, KITT." Michael says.

KITT doesn't believe him, and he's not even sure that Michael even believes himself when he says he's fine. And now that Michael is seated in the driver's seat, KITT can see better that Michael really isn't okay.

On the plus side though, he doesn't seem to have some sort of amnesia. Just what he believes may be a concussion, and dizziness.

"Michael, look at my screen." KITT says, instructing Michael to look at his screen, where he shows a picture of a hand holding up four fingers. "How many fingers am I holding up?"

Michael huffs out a laugh. "KITT, I don't think that really works with a picture on a screen of a hand."

To be honest, KITT doubts it works really well either, but at least he tried? And besides, it'll still technically work to find out if Michael is seeing double. Which is what he needs to know.

"But are you seeing double?" KITT asks.

Michael sighs, nodding sheepishly. "Yes... a little."

Just as he thought. "Right." KITT says. "Then you and I are staying right where we are until Devon and Bonnie gets here."

"But-" Michael goes to protest, but KITT is quick to cut him off.

"No." He says. "Your wellbeing is much more important than getting Porter right now."

Michael looks as though he's about to protest once more, but sighs in defeat, nodding, before leaning his head back on the headrest, closing his eyes.

"Good." KITT says, satisfied. "Once you have been checked over, and you've rested, then, and only then can we go back out and find Porter."