5 - You better pray I don't get up this time around

This one is connected to the second one-shot in this collection.

Enjoy!

//\\//\\

No. 5 - "You better pray I don't get up this time around"

Debris | Pinned Down | "It's broken"

He's pinned down. Trapped. Stuck in here by Garthe Knight, and he has no idea where KITT is, or if he's even okay.

Well, actually he's almost sure that KITT is in better shape than he himself is. But considering when he had finally found KITT after many weeks of him being missing, before they were ultimately separated once more, some of KITT's functions seemed to be malfunctioning, Michael isn't too sure.

Looking up as the door to his cell opens, he struggles up onto his feet, considering his broken leg, as Garthe walks in, looking all smug at the thought that he's won. That he's gotten his revenge, and is more than willing to finish him off.

Michael isn't going to let that happen, though. Even if he's stuck in here, hampered by a broken leg, and the chain around his ankle, keeping him stuck in here. He's going to give a bloody good fight, and he will do all he can to defeat Garthe.

And KARR, as it seems that much like Garthe had somehow survived that fall off the cliff in Goliath, KARR had also survived his destruction - albeit now in the body of a Jaguar XJ12 rather than a Trans Am like KITT. And somehow, both Garthe and KARR have joined forces. However that had happened, Michael doesn't know.

And Michael assumes that wherever KITT is stuck at, that KARR is with him.

But unfortunately, he can't get to him. He can't go and rescue KITT, much like KITT can't come and rescue him. They've both been separated, with no way of contacting the other.

Their only hope of survival and getting out of this place is for Devon, Bonnie, April, and RC to find them.

And Michael knows that they're looking for them. He knows that they wouldn't just give up on them, much like he hadn't given up on searching for KITT when Garthe and KARR had first taken him weeks ago. They'll be here, he just knows it.

They have to come.

He just wishes that they'd hurry up before it's too late....

Garthe walks over to him, his disgust and hatred clear as day.

He wants him dead, and Michael knows this. Kind of difficult not to know this, considering all their previous meetings. And the fact that Garthe is still pissed that his father, Wilton Knight, had given Michael his exact face when he was taken in by the Foundation after he was shot in the face, and his old life as Michael Long had died, and Michael Knight was born.

And honestly, Michael can't blame Garthe for being pissed about the fact that his father had essentially abandoned him, and had chosen to make a complete stranger look exactly like his estranged son. Basically replacing him with a newer son, that looks exactly the same. Michael would be pissed about that, too if he were Garthe.

But why take it out on him? Michael doesn't quite understand. He didn't choose to look just like him, and essentially be his replacement! All of this was forced upon him without his consent.

It's also a somewhat similar situation with KITT and KARR, Michael supposes. KITT was the new and improved version of KARR. Except for the fact that KITT is programmed to never hurt humans, unlike KARR.

Michael can see why Garthe and KARR had joined forces. They both hold a grudge on him and KITT.

He and KITT are both their replacements, after all. It's only natural that the two would hate them, and want them dead. Although, it still doesn't really explain why they'd take it out on them. Would make more sense to take it out on Wilton Knight if he were still alive.

"So... now what?" Michael asks, limping as he backs away from Garthe as the other man approaches him.

However, Garthe doesn't say anything, just smiles at him in pure hatred and venom. Then he's punching him right in the face, knocking Michael to the hard concrete floor below.

And as Michael's head makes contact with the floor, he blacks out....

Elsewhere, KITT feels an odd chill run through his chassis. Something that he cannot explain, just that it's completely different to the electrical shockwaves that KARR has been giving him.

Somehow though, he feels it has something to do with Michael, as he's stuck wherever Garthe Knight has him locked up. Considering their odd soulbond thing (that neither of them can quite explain), that's the only explanation that KITT can think of to explain the sudden odd chill.

Actually, he's almost certain that the chill has everything to do with Michael....

It doesn't help that he very much has a bad feeling that Michael is hurt wherever he is locked up. And the worst part about all of this, is that he can do nothing to help him.

Because he himself is completely stuck right where he is. Not to mention he's low on power, and nearly all of his functions have been shut off, aside from whatever makes him conscious, as KARR wants him to be awake during the things he's been putting him through.

But other than that, he's practically been rendered useless.

It's not a feeling that he likes at all. He likes it even less knowing that Michael is locked up and getting hurt somewhere, and there's nothing he can do to help him.

Their only hope is for Devon, Bonnie, April, and RC to come to their rescue.

Unfortunately, that rescue hasn't come at all yet, and KITT doesn't know when it'll come.

But he's not giving up on them. They'll be here.

They'll find him and Michael, and everything will be okay.

It has to be.

If not for him, then for Michael....