3 - Like crying out in empty rooms, with no one there except the moon

No. 3 - "Like crying out in empty rooms, with no one there except the moon"

Journal | Solitary Confinement | "Make it stop"

He just wants this all to end. If he has to continue coming down into the basement of the Foundation for a week every month during the full moon, where he's locked up the entire time, then he'd rather just have things end now.

It's been months, almost two whole years, in fact, since he's had to do all of this after that fateful case he and KITT had gone on, and he was bitten by a giant wolf. And not just any wolf as it turns out, but a werewolf.

And ever since then, he's had to be locked up deep down in the basement of the Foundation for his own safety, and the safety of others.

He completely understands why he has to do it, of course. But... he absolutely hates it. The essentially solitary confinement he's in, is... it's terrible, and he just wants it all to end.

At least it's only for a week every month that he has to do this, rather than being stuck down here all day every day until they can find a cure. Because he'd absolutely hate to have to be stuck down here permanently until they've found something. At least the entire time outside of the week surrounding the full moon he can go back to how things were, pretend like there's nothing wrong, when clearly, there is something wrong.

Something very wrong that only takes effect during the full moon, and then during the month outside of the full moon he's back to normal. Well, mostly back to normal.... He's found that he's a lot stronger and more durable now ever since the lycanthropy, which is about the only positive thing about it all.

And KITT had pointed out to him early into this whole thing that he seems to be eating a lot more than usual, and a lot more red meat. Luckily though, it hasn't been making him put on more weight, possibly because he's already quite active. But he's not sure if he should consider this a good or bad thing that he's eating a lot more due to the lycanthropy. Though, it is one of the lesser issues.

The main issue about this whole thing is just the lycanthropy itself, and that he has to be locked up for the entire week surrounding the full moon.

And the biggest thing that doesn't like about that, is that the only time that he even gets to see someone during the time he's locked up, is during the day when Bonnie, April, Devon, or RC come down to deliver him food. But even then, they don't stay for long, or really come into the room. And no one else is allowed to come down here to see him except them. Which Michael doesn't mind, of course. His current predicament is rather top secret, so they can't have just anyone knowing about it and coming down to see him.

But he just doesn't like that that's the only time he ever gets company whilst locked down here and wishes that they could stay down here with him for longer than they do.

Well, sometimes Bonnie or April will stay for a bit longer than either of them needs to. Where they both repeatedly promise to him that they're searching for a cure. That they'll find a way to save him, and that this will all stop.

Michael isn't sure if he believes them at this point. It's been far too long that he's had to do this, and he just wants it all to end.

Devon stays down a bit longer than he needs to also, but not nearly as often as Bonnie and April do, or for as long as either of them. Michael thinks that Devon blames himself for all this, considering he was the one that sent him out on that case. Michael doesn't like the idea that Devon thinks that this is all his fault, when it really isn't. How was he, or even anyone, supposed to know that this would happen? Devon didn't know that this would happen, so it's not his fault, nor should he ever blame himself for it.

RC doesn't stay for long when he comes down. A few times he will, but not always. Michael thinks that RC just doesn't like to see him like this, and can't bring himself to stay down there for very long. Michael doesn't blame him, and while it does hurt when RC doesn't stay for long, he can understand why he doesn't, and accepts it when he does leave earlier than he'd like him to.

Then KITT.... He's not been able to see KITT during his confinement, due to obvious restrictions, and because it's just not physically possible to get a car down to the part of the basement where he's locked up. And the fact that he's not able to see KITT when he's locked up down here certainly doesn't help at all. It's just possibly the biggest issue he has with it all if he's being completely honest.

And yeah, KITT may technically just be an AI programmed into a car, but to him, he's so much more than that. He's also his best friend. His soulmate, essentially, and he doesn't like being away from him. It doesn't feel right being away from KITT.

He wants KITT in here with him. Maybe if KITT were able to be in here with him in some way, shape, or form, it would make all this more bearable. But he knows that cannot happen. It's physically impossible for KITT to come down into the basement, and even more so to where Michael is being kept.

And KITT is probably a lot more useful upstairs anyway, helping to find a cure for his lycanthropy. But it would be nice to just hear his voice while he's stuck down here, even if he's not able to actually see him....

Maybe after the week surrounding the full moon has passed and he can come out, or even the next time Bonnie or April come down, he can try and talk about the two of them inventing something to allow KITT to be down here with him. Even if it's just a P.A. system so he can at the very least talk with him, even if he can't see him.

Of course, it would have to be very resistant to damage, or hidden well in here so he doesn't end up destroying it when he shifts during the night and completely loses all sense of who he is. Because once he turns into the wolf, he doesn't remember who he is, or even where he is.

He turns into something monstrous. And being locked, trapped down here is the only way to protect everyone, and himself.

It's incredibly lonely having to stay in here by himself with very little interaction from any of his friends, and absolutely nothing from KITT (simply because it's just physically impossible for him to come down here to see him) and Michael just wants it all to either end, or for KITT to somehow be able to be down here with him....

Because all he finds himself wanting right now, is KITT....