2 - I'll call out your name, but you won't call back

No. 2 - "I'll call out your name, but you won't call back"

Thermometer | Delirium | "They don't care about you"

KITT isn't sure where he's being taken. All he knows is that he's stuck inside a shipping container, cold and completely alone.

He couldn't get away in time and back to Michael, and he was taken. The bad guys had somehow managed to dismantle almost all his computers and gadgets, rendering him helpless, and out of commission.

Rendering almost completely useless.

He's tried to send a distress call out to the Foundation, to Bonnie, April, Devon, and Michael. But all his attempts seem fruitless, and all his calls go unanswered.

Either his power is just down far too low for any signal, or for a call to his family being able to make it across. Or maybe everything is able to get through, but they just don't want to answer. Like they just don't care about him anymore.

Which he really doubts. He's positive that his calls just aren't able to get through. There's no way that they'd just abandon him. They'll be hot on the bad guys trail, and coming for him. He's sure of it. They haven't stopped caring about him.

However....

As the days go by, quickly turning into weeks, and he's trapped in this container, his hope begins to dwindle.

Until one day, the doors on the container opens, igniting his hope that they've finally come for him. That he'll be reunited with his family once more.

Unfortunately, as the door opens, he's not met with his family. Instead, he's met with the men who had managed to capture him.

He's not been rescued....

And then he notices the vehicle approaching behind the men. And the painfully familiar man walking along beside the car.

The man.... It's not Michael, but he looks exactly like him aside from the facial hair.

It's Garthe Knight....

Which should be impossible. He and Michael had watched as Garthe had driven over a cliff and into the ocean inside Goliath. Realistically, Garthe Knight shouldn't be here. He should be dead....

And the car beside him.... While he doesn't recognize the body, his systems appear to be working well enough for him to recognize exactly who it is.

It's KARR....

But instead of being in the body of a Pontiac Trans Am much like himself, he's now in the body of a completely different car; a black Jaguar XJ12 by the look of things.

KITT realizes that KARR must've not been completely destroyed the last time they had faced each other. His CPU unit must've survived, while his body had perished.

At least now with him and KARR no longer being the same cars, but completely different cars, there's no longer the possibility that he will get mistaken for him. Just a shame that KARR is now in the body of a rather nice looking car.... Such a waste of quite a beautiful looking car.

"How are you two still alive?" KITT asks, backing into the container, as Garthe and KARR approach him.

Well, mostly Garthe, because he can understand how KARR had survived. But he is wondering just how Garthe came into possession of KARR's CPU unit. He wasn't even aware that Garthe knew of KARR's existence.

And he is certainly regretting the fact that no one had gone to check in the wreckage for if any part of KARR had survived. If someone had done so, and his CPU unit was found, then they wouldn't be in this mess. Well, maybe he would, but KARR wouldn't be here teamed up with Garthe Knight.

Instead, KARR's CPU would either be destroyed, or locked up tight somewhere at the Foundation. KITT prefers the idea of KARR being completely destroyed. Doesn't like the idea of him still being out there, with a risk of exactly this situation happening.

"Leave us, please." Garthe says, as the other men leave the shipping container and what KITT is guessing is some sort of warehouse they're in.

"You have no idea how long I've waited for this moment." Garthe says. "To have you in my possession, alongside KARR."

"Hmm.... Oh, I don't know, five years?" KITT asks.

It's been five years since he and Michael had last seen him, so it's not too hard to guess how long he's been waiting for this.

He feels an odd electric shock run through his chassis as KARR rolls up close to him. He doesn't remember KARR ever being equipped with anything that would cause an electric shock, but he guesses that maybe the other AI has been upgraded quite extensively.

Which is not a good thing....

"Whatever you need me for, or plan on doing, forget it." KITT says. "You'll never get away with it."

"I don't know about that." Garthe says, walking close to him, stroking a hand across his hood. "This time, my plan will not fail."

Well, KITT has certainly heard that before.... And he's pretty confident that Michael will come to his rescue fairly soon. Even if it's been weeks now since he was taken.

"You might as well give up now, KITT." KARR says. "Just give up. Because your 'family' isn't coming for you now."

Despite KARR being an AI much like himself, KITT can still detect the venom in his voice in the way he says "family".

"They don't care for you, anymore, KITT." Garthe says. "If they did, they'd have found you weeks ago."

KITT doesn't believe him. He doesn't believe that Michael, Bonnie, April, Devon, and RC no longer care about him. Not completely, anyway, despite just how long he's been away from them.

His hope may have dwindled some, mostly in part because he just cannot reach contact with them as all his calls continue to go unanswered, but he hasn't given up on them. Not yet. He just simply cannot give up on them.

And he certainly cannot give up on Michael.

They'll be here. They'll come for him.

Michael will find him, and they'll take down Garthe and KARR once and for all....