SHAZAM!

Description: On a particularly bad day, Mirabel ends up hiding in a cave. What she finds there, is a strange door that leads somewhere far from the Encanto - the Rock of Eternity. There, she meets a legendary wizard, and is granted the powers of various mythological figures. And so, the mighty hero Shazam is born!

Mirabel's Powers: Super strength, super speed, super durability, lightning blasts, basically just Shazam's powerset from all of his appearances.

Mirabel's Appearance:

One shot for inspiration:

Mirabel was having a bad day.

She'd been told to "stay out of the way" by Abuela once again, been berated and told to "know her place" by her own freaking older sister, been once again reminded of her giftlessness and to top it all off, that guy Osvaldo had given her the "not-special special."

It was a wonder she hadn't snapped already.

She needed a break.

Walking out of town, Mirabel soon found herself at the mountains on the edge of the Encanto. And she noticed something she hadn't seen before. A cave, just big enough for her to go into.

And so she did.

Once she was in, Mirabel saw something that shouldn't have been there, by all normal standards. A door, made from oak wood and set into the back of the cave. Her curiosity got the better of her and she opened it.

Inside, Mirabel gasped at the sight.

It was a massive room, with seven empty alcoves in the left wall. Ahead, at the very back of the room, were seven thrones and on the centre one sat an old man, clutching a staff with a blue-ish white gem. 

"Hello Mirabel Madrigal" the man said, "I have been expecting you for a very long time." "Um, what do you mean?" Mirabel asked, still unsure of what to think of the whole situation. "Who even are you?" "You may call me, the Wizard. I have known no other name for the last few centuries."

"Okay Senor Wizard" Mirabel said, "What do you mean you've been waiting for me?" "You are pure of heart and I believe that you are a worthy candidate to receive the power I offer." "Power, like a Gift?" "I suppose it could be looked at that way, yes."

Mirabel could barely contain her excitement. "Okay, so what kind of power are we talking about?" "I will offer you the wisdom of Solomon, the strength of Hercules, the stamina of Atlas, the power of Zeus, the courage of Achilles and the speed of Mercury. With these powers, you will become a hero, capable of protecting this world from any who would threaten it."

"I don't think I deserve those powers" Mirabel said, "I'm not anything special, I'm just me." "That is exactly why you are worthy" the wizard said, "Now, do you accept?"

Mirabel pondered it for a moment. And then...

"Si. I accept."

"Then lay your hands upon my staff and say my name, so that my powers may flow through you." "What is your name?" Mirabel said. "My name, is Shazam." "I thought you'd 'known no other name for the past few centuries?'" "No other name, but that one." "Okay, also I'm sorry you had to be named Shazam. The jokes must come in like crazy." "You have no idea."

With that, Mirabel grabbed the wizard's staff with both hands and shouted, "SHAZAM!"

And just like that, a hero was born.