Mirabel's Secret Gift

Description: When Mirabel is ten years old, her long dormant powers finally awaken and grant her a door - but one that only appears at night. She's also granted the ability to turn into a creature that has many different enchanting powers - a Mizutsune.

Mirabel's Appearance:

One-shot for inspiration:

"Come to me."

Mirabel woke up to a woman's voice saying those words. At first, she thought she was hearing things. She tried to ignore it and get back to sleep. But as soon as she laid her head down, the voice sounded again, this time saying her name, "Mirabel, come to me."

The ten-year-old girl felt her heart race with trepidation and a little bit of excitement as she said back, "Who's there?" No answer, but Mirabel could feel something in her heart, telling her to follow the voice. And her heart had never steered her wrong.

And so, she went.

She carefully and quietly stepped out of her room and into the halls of Casita, where she saw golden wisps going to (and she had to actually pinch herself to make sure she wasn't dreaming) a glowing, golden door.

Mirabel gasped. She finally had a door again.

She took a deep breath, stepped forward and laid her hand on the doorknob - and an explosion of purple light filled the Casita. Mirabel gazed in wonder at her new door - it was engraved with a drawing of her with closed eyes and a serene expression. Bubbles floated around her - and above her was a large fox-like creature that was exuding even more of the bubbles.

Mirabel smiled with pure delight as she stepped inside her room - her very own room! - for the first time.

It was a beautiful moonlit forest, with a large pool of strange liquid in the centre. Something in Mirabel compelled her to go to it, and so she did. She walked into the liquid and was surprised by how soothing it felt. Like it was an old friend embracing her after years of separation.

It was destiny.

And Mirabel felt something awaken within her. Power.

And she knew right then and there, that her life was about to change.