The Perfect Organism

Description: After Antonio's Gift Ceremony, Mirabel begs the universe to give her a second chance, a way to start over. And so, when the family finds her in the morning, they instead see a strange egg.

And according to the really angry ghost, that egg will hatch out Mirabel's new form.

Mirabel's Appearance:

On to the one-shot!

The Madrigals all stared in shock at the strange egg in the middle of the room and the really angry-looking ghost of Pedro Madrigal standing beside it.

"I cannot believe you Alma" he said, "Your stupid obsession with that GODDAMN CANDLE HAS GONE TOO FAR!" "Pedro, I-" "NO! NO MORE EXCUSES OR EXPLANATIONS! YOU DON'T GET THAT PRIVILEGE AFTER THE CRAP YOU JUST PULLED! CASITA IS CRACKING, THE MIRACLE IS DYING, YOUR OWN NIETA WAS SO DEPRESSED SHE AGREED TO BE TURNED INTO THIS, AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!"

Alma visibly recoiled at that, so Julieta decided to step in before Pedro could continue yelling. "What do you mean Mirabel agreed to be turned into this?" She gestured at the egg in clear confusion.

Pedro's face softened, "Your daughter wanted a second chance, so I told her I could make it so that she'd be reborn as the perfect organism. Her structural perfection will only be matched by her desire to protect those she loves."

At that, the egg began to wobble a bit. "Well, sounds like she's almost ready to hatch. You'll need to find her a host." "A host?" Pepa asked. "When that egg hatches, the creature that will come out needs a host to implant another egg inside - which will incubate your daughter until she is ready to be born."

"How will we know?" Isabella asked. "Yeah, we're not great at reading people" Camilo chimed in. "Her host will make it obvious that she's ready to hatch - and she'll burst out of their chest, so make sure that it's someone you don't like."

"We will Papa" Julieta said. "Good, now I should probably let you get to it. But first..."

Pedro flicked his hand and a man in a green ruana came flying out of the walls. "BRUNO!?" Pepa and Julieta both shouted. "Um, hi?" was all Bruno could say before he was tackled by his sisters in a hug.

Pedro smiled and disappeared.

Hopefully, the family would learn their lesson this time around.