Eyes and Wings

[Uzi POV]
I look over at S and W. They both seem very happy about N and I switching hats. They also have their tails intertwined.

N notices me looking at W and S's intertwined tails, and assumes that I want to do that too, so he intertwines his tail with mine, causing me to jump a bit and look at him, then at our tails. I blush and look down.

"You ok, Uz?"

"Y-ya"

"Is your headache getting worse? Is the hat a bit too far up?"

"No"

"W was like that too when I first intertwined my tail with their's"

"Ooh.. Uz, you want me to stop?"

Too flustered to talk much, so I shake my head no.

"She could be like that for hours." "Hugging her can make it worse"

[V POV]
I'm outside, trying to sleep, but I can't stop thinking about how upset Uzi was about being unable to fix and use her old core.

Getting down, I go into the landing pod. There's 2 unfamiliar disassembly drones are talking to N, while Uzi stares at the ground.

"What the fuck happened to Uzi and who are these two?"

"V, these two are friends of Uzi's. And Uzi's.... um.. how do I put this?..... she's... in a daze"

"A daze? How long has she been like that?"

"About 15 minutes"

"15 minutes in a daze for what?"

[N POV]
I point to the switch hats and my tail, and Uzi's tail.

V looks at the intertwined tails of Uzi and N, then at their switched hats, for a bit, then just climbs the ladder out the pod.

S sits on the floor, next to the chair Uzi's in. I look at the top of Uzi's head, at her forming eyes, there's not much of a difference from how they were 15 minutes ago.

-------3 Hours Later-------

"Uzi, may I see your wings?"

She lets her wings out for me. I extend one a little, making sure not to hurt Uzi. When I take my hand off her wing and look at it, there's flesh coming off, like with her tail.

I gently pull all the flesh off her wings, revealing metal skeleton wings, that lacks the 3rd, 4th, and 5th fingers that the (bat)wings normally have.

There's no blades in the wings at all, which I will admit, looks very weird.

I touch what there is of Uzi's wings, which causes her to groan. It sounds like a groan of pain, so I take my hands off her wings, but that doesn't help her.

She snaps out of her daze and moves what's left of her wings, I try to stop her, but get sliced, when the wing blades drop down.

I put myself back together and regenerate. "....... That was weird, but cool"

"N, Are you ok?"

"I'm good." I say and then go in front of her and look at her new eyes, which seem to be almost done forming now.

I then gently tilt Uzi's head back "Can you open your mouth for me?"

She does so and is very confused.

Her tongue is still a worker's and so are her teeth, which raises a question "Does your saliva have the nanite neutralizer in it yet?" I ask, but am already using a swab to find out.

I poke a small hole in a dead worker arm, with my tail, then wipe where I stabbed, with the swab, then wait a little for something to happen. Nothing does.

When I look at Uzi, she's looking at me and very confused. "What was that for?"

"I wastrying to find out if your saliva has the nanite neutralizer yet"

"Does it?"

"Not yet"

[W POV]
I go over to a corner, of the pod, with S and, then lay down and cuddle them. We slowly fall asleep.

-------An Hour Later-------

[Uzi POV]
My head has finally stopped hurting, but that also means the transformation has paused itself again. It could take another few months for it to become active again.

For now, I need to focus on being very careful with my tail and wings. I not only have no nanite neutralizer saliva yet, but also don't think I can put my wings away.

I look at my wings, then at my tail, and wonder if the color with change to yellow after all the updates are finished.

N comes over to me while I'm staring at my tail and looks at my new eyes. I can't see out of them, but am told that they're ment to be eyes.

"Can you see out of them?"

"No"

He tells me how to connect them and I listen, then do what he tells me to. After I do so, my new eyes light up and I'm able to see out of them

[N POV]
The look of awe on Uzi's face, after her new eyes light up, tells me that she can see out them now. She's so adorable.

"We should go to sleep. It'll be morning soon"

"Already?"

"Yep" N answers for me, while closing the hatch to the pod.

------The Next Night------

[Uzi POV]
I wake up first. Carefully, I get onto the pipe and unwrap my tail from it, then crawl the to wall, then crawl down it to the floor, where I stand up and go to the hatch. Opening the hatch, I peak out, seeing it is in fact night, so I open it all the way and climb out the pod. I decide to try to fly, so I jump off the pod, so I'm less likely to get hurt. Going into a bit more open area, I start to flap my wings.

It's harder to learn to fly with big metal wings compared to the small flesh wings I used to have.

I feel as if someone is watching me and turn around, to find N, sitting on the top of the pod. "Need help?" I nod and he jumps down, then proceeds to try to teach me how to fly with my new wings.