𝟷 ♡ Here Comes The Sun

Here Comes The Sun By The Beatles

"To new beginnings!" Everyone around the table cheered while clinking their glasses together with big smiles on their faces. 

The winter break is now ending and I was having one last family dinner with my parents, older sister, older brother, and boyfriend because I leave for Barcelona tomorrow to kick off pre-season testing for the 2023 F1 season. 

"So Azalea, you're with a new team this year, You nervous?" my brother Nico drawled. 

"Well there's lots of pressure to have a Red Bull seat but it's just the senior team of Torro Rosso so at least it's not a huge change from last year" I replied. 

I'm trying not to have the pressure of this year get to me too much. I need my head fully focused so I can make this a good season. 

"That and you're a stellar driver, you'll do great" Nate, my boyfriend added while leaning into my side a bit. 

Nate and I have been together for only a couple of months. We met each other in the off-season at a local club. Nate is a huge F1 fan who never shuts up about his idol, Lando Norris. Having never met him, he continuously bugs me to come to a race. I, on the other hand, am hesitant about mixing work life and personal life. We've only been together for a short amount of time, and would rather not get the media involved in our relationship.  

~~~~~~~

Landing in Barcelona was chaotic, to say the least. Fans had lined up everywhere waiting for drivers to arrive. Although I loved spending time with fans, post-flights were rough and the only thing I would like to do right now is head straight to my hotel room. This is the life I chose for myself, though so I packed it all in and greeted everyone I could before heading out to the car Red Bull had sent for me. I signed shirts and caps, took photos with fans, and even got a new friendship bracelet. I love collecting those. 

Exhausted from the journey, I made my way straight up to my room and collapsed straight onto my bed. I was just about to close my eyes when my phone dinged. Hoping it was Nate I quickly picked it up and looked at the message. It was from Daniel, not Nate. 

well, I guess I'm going to dinner

well, I guess I'm going to dinner. If I had to say, I'm probably closest with Max and Daniel on the grid. I've always been able to be open with them and we all get along really well. 

With that, I hopped in the shower and got ready for dinner. I didn't know the vibe for the dinner so I just threw on my black tube top and blue jeans, then headed out the door to meet them in the lobby.