The Search Begins

The room was quiet.

The sound of the rooms ringing could be heard, a loud pitch ring that hurt the human ear. The light dangles from the ceiling down onto the metal table and chair, the girl sits down patiently waiting as the door creaked open. Footsteps walked in clicking against the wooden flooring, the papers being clenched and held were heard.

The metal chair scrapes against the flooring before it stops, the sound of clothes being moved were heard until it wasn't. A click of the video recorder filled for a short second before it turns on,

"Shall we get started with the session now?"

The female officer asks placing the files down on the table, she looks at the girl sitting there before leaning back on her chair. Jisoo smiles back at her before the officer cleared her voice,

"Where are you August 27th?" The officer asks.

"I was in on my flight back from New York." Roseanne says rather calmly, "I had texted Jisoo before I got onto the flight."

"And what did you say?"

"I loved her and we'll be spending the day together when I get back." Roseanne frowns, "but...that didn't happen."

"What was your intentions with Ms. Kim?"

"I was her partner." Jennie crossed her arms, "we were promoting our movie together."

"Were you jealous of Ms. Kim?"

"No, why would I?" Jennie asks the officer, looking down at the name tag. "Ms. Taeyeon, I have many things in life. I've completed my list, why need more?"

"Not even once?"

"Not really."

"I'll ask you, did you ever think others would want her gone?"

Lisa looked at the officer confused and shakes her head "no". She sat back in her chair and sighs,

"No, she was loved by many. Or I think. I never saw any hate for her." Lisa says, "Jisoo Unnie never talked about hate or anything bad like that, I would understand Jennie's situation-"

"Okay and? She got the attention of the media and was seen as an Angel while I got the hate!" Jennie yelled, her fist hitting the table.

"I hated it! Why did they come after me?!" Jennie asks Taeyeon, "It was like I was a target for breathing besides her!"

"How did that impact you?" Taeyeon asks her.

"It hurt, I don't understand why they came after me." Jennie looks down, "Jisoo said they were jealous but she was sugar coating it, I think she felt bad for me."

"Jisoo always had a big heart. She loved her job but she was taken advantage of, mostly for that."

"She was treated poorly." Roseanne looks at the company ID of her wife, "but she never stood up to them."

"How was your wife treated, Ms. Park?"

"Like an object. They would force her into projects, make her work many extended hours, and it got so bad it made her into this work zombie. I did talk to her about it but she blew up on me."

"Was Jisoo treated fairly?"

"No."

"Before she got famous, I would see her practicing and taking what the coaches would do to her. They would beat her and would cut some of her wage, but I never once heard her complain."

"She wasn't getting paid as I was back then but she seemed fine with that." Lisa says, "but I did once see her with a patch on her shoulder."

"What was the patch on her shoulder?"

"Jisoo came home like that, she said it was from a sprain? But she seemed fine." Roseanne simply says.

"Do you know where Kim went on August 28th?"

"No."

"I'm afraid not."

"Yeah, she said she was going to get flowers for Roseanne." Lisa looks at the camera before back to Taeyeon, "I think she was going to celebrate when Roseanne would come back."

"I see. That concludes our session for today then." Taeyeon clicks the recorder, "we'll be contacting you shortly after we gathered more information."

"I see."

Jisoo sat back watching Taeyeon's every move, she stood up before waving at the camera and walking up behind Taeyeon. The girl was putting away the papers back into the files and picked them up, she looked behind her shoulder before taking her leave out of the room. Jisoo shakes her head as the light in the room....

Went out.