10

The school day began like any other, with the usual bustling in the hallways,  filled with the chatter and laughter of students heading to their classes.

Reluctantly, Alfie and I had left behind the search for Slender Man's pages, at least for the time being, to fulfill my responsibilities as a high school student.

English class was the first period of the day, and my mind kept on wandering during the lecture.

My thoughts kept drifting back to the unsettling dream I had the night before, the dark forest, Slender Man, and the mysterious boy with the red, scar-like smile who had stabbed me. It all felt too real to be just a dream, and with what Alfie told me, it wasn't just that.

As the teacher droned on about the importance of symbolism in literature, my gaze wandered around the classroom. That's when I noticed him.—

Sitting a few rows away from me, I saw him, his  black hair partially covering his face. Only where was his red, scar-like smile that sent shivers down my spine?

I couldn't tear my eyes away from him, and as if sensing my gaze, he turned to look at me. Our eyes locked for a moment, his dark ones bore into my own [e/c] eyes and a chill ran down my spine, I could just see it covered up by,  what I'm guessing was, foundation.

Faded scars on the sides of his mouth, a carved smile, It was him, the same evil presence I had encountered.

Alfie, who had snuck herself into the pocket of my jacket, seemed to sense the danger, too. She peaked out just enough to take a glance and to whisper to me urgently,

"That's him, [y/n]. The one from your dream."

With Alfie confirming it, the realization hit me like a ton of bricks. It couldn't be a mere coincidence that the boy from my nightmare was sitting in my English class. It was as if the dream had spilled over into reality, and now here I was,  face to face with the very entity that had haunted my sleep.

Is this who Alfie was saying? He followed me out?

The boy's almost unblinking eyes bore into me, and I knew that we had to find a way to confront him. But for now, we had to endure the rest of the class, and the tension in the room felt so thick you could cut it with a knife.

I turned my attention back to my teacher, hoping he didn't have a realization like I did.

Fianlly as the bell rang, signaling the end of the period, I got up as fast as I could, to be the one to leave class before he did. But still, I couldn't shake the feeling that my encounter with the raven haired boy was far from over.

------------
So, it's come to my attention, it's been 10 years hah!

Thanks for waiting for me to finish editing this..

I know it's been long, but I recently went through a lot with my mom being in a coma and then moving to a different state and getting married, and losing a little one.

I hope to finish fixing this by the end of the year.